22

~Luke's POV~

I sat in Carmen and I's room on Friday night, laying in bed while I played a game on my phone while I shifted uncomfortably against the bed. Carmen's new bed wasn't anywhere near as uncomfortable as her last one had been, but this one still wasn't as comfortable as Nina's was. Part of me wished I could sleep in Nina's bed instead, not only for the benefit of it being a more comfortable bed, but also because I wouldn't have minded being able to sleep beside little Nina. I wouldn't have minded falling asleep with her in my arms, with her scent of black cherry merlot all around me. That sounded like heaven.

"Luke?" Carmen said as she entered the bedroom, wrapped in a towel. Her dark hair was slicked back and damp with water, showing that she was clearly fresh out of the shower. "Yeah?" I muttered as I continued playing on my phone, briefly glancing over at her when she shut the door behind her. "I was thinking we could go out tonight." She said as she dropped her towel and grabbed a bra with a pair of panties, pulling them both on. I hardly paid her lack of clothes any amount of attention as I looked up at her, raising a brow. "Out? Out where?" I asked, watching as she crawled into bed with me, all of her makeup in hand. "I was hoping you'd be up for clubbing." She answered, beginning to do her makeup as she spared me a glance.

"Tonight?" I frowned, uncertain. I wasn't exactly sure if it was a good idea for her and I to be going out. "Of course, silly." She giggled, rolling her eyes as she wiped some light shit underneath her eyes and began using a sponge on it. "I don't know if that's a good idea, Cara. I mean, your mom left for the weekend. Is it such a good idea to leave your sister here all alone?" I said, frowning down at her. I didn't want to just leave Nina here all on her own, not so late at night. Their mom had left for the weekend to go to some event out of town for work, so she'd be left here by herself. That didn't sit too well with me. "Does it really make that much of a difference?" Carmen asked as she glanced up at me, raising a brow. "I mean, it's not like she could come with us. She's only 18, remember?" She reminded, making me sigh.

"Well, I don't want to leave her here alone, either, Cara." I nearly snapped, not liking how dismissive she was being about her sister. She should've been nothing but loving to that girl, considering all the shit that she did for everyone.

Carmen sighed deeply and tossed the product in her hand back into the caboodle, rolling her eyes once again. "What do you want me to do, sneak her in?" She huffed, peering up at me. I just stayed silent, staring right back down at her. I would've honestly just preferred to stay here, but I didn't care which one. As long as I knew where Nina was and that she was safe, I didn't care what happened or what we did. "Fine, then. She'll come with us." She said with frustration, rolling her eyes. I pursed my lips and looked away, not wanting to say anything else to her. She was obviously not happy with the turn of events.

"Why don't you go tell her to get ready, since she's probably just laying in bed like a bum?" Carmen suggested, continuing to do her makeup again. "And make sure you tell her not to dress like a little girl like she usually does." She added, but I just sighed and rolled my eyes, slipping out of bed and heading out of the bedroom. I liked how innocently Nina dressed, so I didn't understand why Carmen made it sound like a bad thing that she dressed the way she did. Regardless, even I knew that Nina would have to dress a little more...well, slutty in order to be able to even pass as old enough to get in. She already looked rather young, being that she was only eighteen. She'd probably have to do her makeup differently, too, just so she wouldn't look as innocent as she usually did. But either way, I knew she'd still look gorgeous, so I didn't really mind how she ended up dressing or doing her makeup.

Before I entered Nina's room, I softly knocked on her bedroom door and waited until I heard her soft voice call out for me to enter. Then, I entered her room and found that, just like Carmen had said, she was laying in her bed. She was dressed in a cute pair of white pajamas and her long hair was down in messy waves with her hair free of any makeup. It still astounded me, her natural beauty.