13

~Luke's POV~

I sat on the couch while Carmen pulled on a pair of black pumps and smoothed down the pencil skirt she had on, standing up from her spot beside me. She turned to me and placed her hands on her narrow hips, a nervous glint in her eye. "How do I look?" She worried, furrowing her brows.

And I scanned my eyes over her, knowing that I must've been the absolute worst boyfriend on the planet when all I could think of was what it would look like on Nina instead. "You look gorgeous." I forced myself to say as if that thought hadn't crossed my mind, sending her a smile. Carmen seemed to loosen up a little at that, letting out a harsh breath of relief as she ran a dainty hand through her dark hair. "Good." She breathed, nodding her head to herself. After a moment of her probably giving herself a mental pep talk, she walked over and leaned down to give me a kiss. She tasted like gum. "I love you. I'll be back later." Carmen smiled her smile that I used to compare to a thousand suns, but now that I had seen Nina's...hers seemed dull to me. "I love you, too." I let out, peering up at her as she stood straight. And not a minute later, she was gone.

It felt like forever that I just sat there, wondering what was wrong with me, much like I had been doing any and every chance I got. Carmen was beautiful. I had a beautiful, amazing girlfriend. Why was I so drawn to Nina, her little sister? It was beginning to be a major problem for me. I didn't know what to do, how to deal with this.

I loved Carmen, I did, but I couldn't help that my mind was continuously being drawn towards Nina. She had me hooked the second I saw her standing in this living room, looking at me with those pretty brown eyes as she clutched her dog to her chest. It was pathetic of me, feeling this way for her.

Not only was I crushing on a girl who I had absolutely no business being interested in, but she harbored feelings for someone else already. I couldn't help it, though. Every time that I saw her, it was as if she had hung all the stars in my sky. I was mesmerized by her. For a while, I blamed it on her just being an unfamiliar person that I needed to grow used to, but I knew that that was bullshit. It was impossible for me to resist the pull I felt towards her. She was too perfect. So sweet and shy, so beautiful and intelligent and so hardworking. How could I resist a girl like her? And how could she not know how much she affected me with each giggle and each shy glance? Fuck.

Scowling at myself and my stupidity, I stood up and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a beer from the fridge. It was a good thing I had went and got some more yesterday. I popped the cap off and downed almost half in one go, tossing the cap into the trash as I left the kitchen and headed back into the living room. Wanting to get my head on straight, I turned up the TV and managed to lose myself in the world of South Park for a little while.

But when I heard the sound of the front door opening not even thirty minutes later and then Chester scrambling his way down the stairs, I knew I wasn't the only one who knew Nina had just gotten home. I tried to be subtle and casual about looking over at her when she entered the living room with Chester rushing after her, but I felt like I was being far from casual when I did. My eyes landed on her short, curvy figure and hers landed on my face, a smile rising on her full lips. "Hi." She greeted, stalking her way towards the couch that I was sat on by myself. Her thick thighs were exposed by the short white dress that clung to her body, little daisy flowers on the dress. The bottom hem of the dress was scalloped and made of thin lace, with slightly puffy sleeves and tinier daisies lining the straight breast line. On her tiny feet was a pair of lace white flats that had a little bow on them, and her long hair hung down her back in long, pretty waves.

"Hey." I greeted as I barely managed to hide my breathlessness, my heart racing a little faster at the sight of her. I hadn't gotten to see her before she left this morning for school because I was asleep still, but some part of me was glad for that. Because although Nina seemed oblivious to me checking her out, I wasn't sure Carmen would've been.