44*

~Seraphina's POV~

As Luke's weighty body lifted off of mine, I expected him to gently pull out of me and then carry me up to bed. That was something that I knew he'd do. He was sweet like that.

However, instead he let out a curse and stepped away from me like I had just tried to castrate him, making me frown. He had never done anything like that, ever. My feelings were initially a little hurt, his cum trailing down my inner thigh as I laid there, completely worn out. I didn't even want to move. Suddenly, I felt him grab my panties and quickly pull them up, like he wanted to cover me up. Confused, I opened my eyes and then I immediately saw the reason for his unusual behavior. It was Enzo, gaping at us as he stood at the kitchen's entryway.

I blushed bright red and Luke helped me off of the counter, my legs shaking as I tried my best to shield myself from my best friend's gaze. We'd been friends for years, but this was certainly the most exposed I'd been around him. Seeming to notice how I was feeling, Luke stripped off his own shirt and pulled it over my head instead, covering me up. I hesitated before I met Enzo's eyes, which were now less surprised and more full of anger. "What the fuck? You're fucking your sister's boyfriend?!" He exclaimed, and my eyes widened. I forgot he didn't know that they weren't together anymore. I hadn't told him about it. Now I was regretting that a lot.

"N-no!" I gasped and shook my head, which just made him scowl. "I have eyes, you know. There's no point in lying now." He scoffed, his gray eyes filled with disgust instead of the usual warmth that was always there. A pang of hurt stabbed through my chest and I shook my head again, glad that Luke's shirt covered me as I walked over towards Enzo.

"It's not like that, Enzo. We—" I went to go tell him the situation, that he and Carmen had been broken up for a few months now, but he didn't give me the time or the chance. "Are you seriously trying to explain this away to me?" He asked, laughing sardonically at me. I flinched at his tone and my eyes pricked with tears, stinging them. "Aw." He sneered. "Is the little whore gonna cry?" He mocked, and I did exactly that. I knew I shouldn't have and I also knew he didn't mean the things he was saying, not really. This circumstance just looked all wrong on his end and I wouldn't have blamed him at all for calling me a whore if Luke and Carmen had actually been dating, which he thought they still were, so I wasn't mad at him for calling me that.

"Enzo, please. They're not—" I tried again to explain and, again, Enzo cut me off with a roll of his gray eyes. "I don't want to hear your excuses, Phina." He said flatly, looking at me with utter disgust. I felt tears streaming down my cheeks and I sniffled, taking a step closer to him again to try to make him understand. "You disgust me. You'd better fucking tell her about how you're whoring around with...him before I tell her myself." He snapped, turning around to leave immediately after he spoke. Maybe some people would have counted their losses by now and given up, but I simply couldn't. We'd been friends for years and I wasn't about to have it all ruined just because of a misunderstanding. I couldn't accept that. I wouldn't.

I strode after him and Luke followed, my hand gently grabbing at Enzo's wrist to desperately try to stop him. My hand wasn't touching him more than maybe five seconds before he jerked away and curled his lip up at me in disgust, causing me to cry more. He'd never looked at me that way, ever. I went to go say something, but Enzo looked me up and down and snorted. "You keep trying to insist that you're not a whore and that it's not like that," He mocked, cruelty in his eyes. "But it's hard to take that seriously when his semen is running down your legs." He said, gesturing down at my thighs.

He turned around to leave and Luke practically exploded, angrily stomping after him. I gasped as he grabbed Enzo by the back of his shirt and slammed him up against the wall chest first, his body thudding against it. "Luke!" I gasped as I walked over. "You or any of your shithead friends ever insult her like that again and I swear I'll come beat your ass." He snarled to Enzo, looking ready to punch him. I thought it was sweet that he was defending me, but I didn't want Enzo beaten up. "Luke, please. Don't hurt him." I begged, gently grabbing him by his bicep and pulling as hard as I could to make him stop. He didn't even budge.