10

~Seraphina's POV~

I giggled softly as I hid underneath my blankets on Friday night, hearing the sound of Chester's hurried footsteps as he ran towards my room. I knew he would find me, but I didn't care. That was the point, after all.

All of the sudden, I felt Chester leap up onto my bed and he immediately knew I was laid under the blankets, but he couldn't figure out how to get underneath them so he could see me. So he began to nudge and push against me with his nose, causing me to giggle louder and playfully push back at him through the blanket using my hand. He stumbled away a little and then jumped back towards me, growling as he pushed at my body to try to get me to come out. I just laughed, knowing that my hair was getting very messed up and frizzy beneath the blankets from the static, but I didn't care. I was having fun playing with Chester.

Chester began to get more angry with me for not coming out, making his not very intimidating growls then turn into not very intimidating barks. I grinned and felt my cheeks warm as it started to get hot under my heavy blankets, but I still didn't emerge. "Come on, Chester!" I encouraged, patting my bed beneath the blankets. He grew frustrated and began to scratch and dig at my blankets, trying to dig his way into either getting into my blankets or getting me out of them. All the while, he continued to bark un-intimidatingly, scratching at the soft fabric of my blankets. I giggled and poked my head out the edge of the blanket, my hair a frizzy mess atop my head. And unsurprisingly, Chester didn't even notice that I now had my head peaked out of the blanket, either.

No, instead he just continued to dig at the blanket, switching back and forth between growling and barking out of frustration. I grinned and watched him for a moment, wondering if he would notice on his own, but he didn't. After a little while of just staring, I decided to softly call his name and draw his attention. Like I knew he would, his big brown eyes looked up at me and he immediately stopped clawing at my blanket, his fluffy tail beginning to wag excitedly. I giggled when he crawled on top of me and laid down, his head resting on my chest as he stared at me with his tail still slightly wagging. He was so cute. "I know, you found me, huh?" I smiled, petting the top of his fluffy head.

"What's going on in here?" I heard Luke's voice speak up from the doorway of my bedroom, causing me to fling my head back in surprise. My head was now hung upside down over the edge of the bed, making everything turn upside down as I looked at Luke. "Hi." I smiled, noticing how his lips twitched up. "Hey, Nina." He greeted back, studying me and Chester closely. I scratched behind his ears and Chester just relaxed against my body, as if he was about to fall asleep on me. "So what's going on? I heard laughter and barking." He wondered, making me grin and pat Chester on top of his head.

"Chester was mad because I was hiding from him underneath the blanket. We were just playing." I explained, feeling the blood begin to rush to my head, but I didn't move. Luke raised a brow. "How mean of you." He teased, a smile raising on his full lips.

I blushed, but it was probably not even noticeable because my face was probably already pink from the blood rushing into my head, and I sat up with my arms around Chester. Luke came walking into my room and surprised me when he sat down beside me on the edge of my bed, causing me to blink and look up at him with a furrow in my brows. He either didn't notice my look of confusion or just didn't feel like acknowledging it, letting out a soft sigh as he then took it a step further and laid back on my bed. "What are you doing?" I asked softly, confused.

Luke just turned his head to look at me and smiled, his sparkly blue eyes peering up into my brown ones. "Your bed is much bigger than Carmen's." He mentioned, which I knew was true. She had a double twin sized bed while mine was an olympic queen sized bed, so mine was bigger. "And much more comfortable, too." He added with a sigh of content. I bit my lip and loosened my grip on Chester, letting him lay down between Luke and I. "It's probably because she never wanted to get a new mattress. She would throw a fit when mom suggested it, so we just left it. It's way past time for her to get a new one, which is probably why it's so uncomfortable." I explained softly, shrugging my shoulders.