21

~Seraphina's POV~

"Hey, kitten." Enzo greeted me as I opened the front door on Sunday, looking down at me with his steely gray eyes and a smile on his full lips. My stomach didn't flutter like it usually did at the sight of his smile, which used to always affect me greatly. He had a beautiful smile, but it did nothing to me now. It was odd how much my feelings for him had changed. I still wasn't used to it, used to the fact that now those feelings were being harbored for Luke and not Enzo. Enzo was the only boy I'd ever crushed on before Luke.

"Hello." I returned softly, almost feeling a little bit awkward. It had been so long since I hadn't had any feelings for him that it was almost as if I had no idea how to behave now.

Enzo walked into the house and smiled down at me warmly, letting me shut the front door behind him and lock it. "I'd ask if you're ready to go, but you're still wearing your pajamas, so I think I already know the answer for myself." He said, chuckling as I walked into the living room with him. "Yeah, sorry. I was doing my makeup first." I said sheepishly, glad that my face was already covered in my usual face of makeup. I usually didn't wear makeup on the weekends, but Enzo wanted us to hang out today. "Let me just go get dressed and then we can leave." I added, leaving him downstairs in the living room while I headed upstairs and to my room to get dressed.

On my bed, Chester snored cluelessly as he slept, peacefully unaware of the fact that I was getting ready to leave. I shut my bedroom door and took off my pajamas, debating on putting on a bra before I decided against it. Instead, I just left my chest braless and pulled on a white dress with long sleeves that were off the shoulder, with buttons up the front. For my shoes, I slipped my feet into a pair of white sneakers and left my hair down in its natural wavy state, quietly leaving my bedroom so as to not disturb Chester while he slept. As I exited my room, leaving the door open, I gasped softly in surprise as Carmen's bedroom door opened and Luke stepped out. His blue eyes fell on my brown ones as I peered up at him, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear when he stepped out into the hall further and I stepped back towards the wall.

"Hey, sunshine." He smiled, scanning his eyes down the length of my body and then back up to my eyes. "You heading out somewhere?" He asked, a brow raised as he peered down at me curiously. "Yes." I nodded my head as I spoke softly, chewing at my cheek. "Enzo and I are going to head out." I answered, feeling like I had to explain. Mom was at work, as was Carmen. I didn't want Luke to worry if he didn't know where I was, if he even would.

"Like...going out on a date?" He asked hesitantly, making me blink in surprise as I slowly shook my head. "N-No. No, not a date." I stammered, shyly crossing my arms over my chest. "Just hanging out." I clarified.

He hummed softly and peered down at me in thought, cocking his head to the side. "You're sure?" He pressed, narrowing his eyes slightly, like he was suspicious or uncertain. I couldn't help but to smile a little, peering up at him through my lashes. "Do I look like I'm dressed for a date?" I giggled, causing his eyes to immediately flick up and down my body again, as if he had to check before responding to my question. "Well," He began softly, looking back into my eyes again. "I think you look beautiful." He said, surprising me.

My face warmed as I peered up at him, shyly looking away when I could no longer bare to keep my eyes on his. "Beautiful?" I echoed in a whisper, feeling both flustered and embarrassed. Every time he complimented me, I felt like it affected me more and more. Even if it was something as simple as praising my cooking, it gave me butterflies.

Luke chuckled and nodded his head, my heart racing impossibly faster when he stepped closer, making me press back against the wall with hot cheeks. "Mhm." He murmured, the way his eyes stared into mine making my hands tremble. "You look gorgeous, Nina." He complimented, his soft voice sending shivers up my spine. "T-Thank you." I stammered through a shaky voice, flushing in embarrassment. I couldn't believe that he thought I was gorgeous. The thought seemed unreal to me. A smile hinted at his lips and I pressed myself back into the wall as he stepped even closer, so close that his body heat mixed with mine. I could hardly breathe right, my eyes peering up at him widely. In return, his eyes grazed up and down my figure once again and a smile lifted at his lips as the deep depths of his eyes glittered with something like mischief.