6

~Seraphina's POV~

I woke up early in the morning, yawning as I rolled onto my back and stretched my arms out above me. Chester snored softly as he slept on the pillow I'd laid out for him, laying on his back with his head hanging off the edge of the pillow and his legs open. I couldn't help but to giggle softly, rubbing my sleepy eyes.

Not wanting to wake the sleeping little ball of fur, I slowly and carefully sat up, letting one leg swing off the edge of my bed until I felt the cool wood flooring beneath my warm toes. I slipped right out of bed and looked down, relieved when I saw that he was still sleeping soundly, not having moved even an inch. I'd done it! Smiling to myself at my success, I crept down the quiet hallway and into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I took a quick shower and then was out, drying myself off with a fluffy towel that I wrapped around my body. I hadn't brought any clothes with me, not even underwear, out of fear of waking Chester up. That left me to quietly make my way down the hall in my towel, shivering as I felt the cool air on my bare skin. The air always seemed so cold after a hot shower, making it hard to ever want to get out.

When I reached my room, I softly shut the door, locking it behind me. The second I entered the room, Chester jumped up from where he seemed to have been pouting on the pillow I'd fallen asleep on last night, excitedly wagging his tail at the sight of me. He probably thought I had left to go to school for the day, since this was usually the time that I went to school during the week. I guess this is what he does when I leave—lays on my pillow and sulks until he hears the door open downstairs when I would get home. Something about that made my heart clench, but I wasn't sure if it was in a good way or a bad way.

I quickly pulled on a pair of panties and a white pajama set with a tank top and shorts that had tiny pink roses on them, plopping onto my bed next to my excited dog. He jumped around on my bed and wagged his tail crazily, messing up my blanket, but I just grinned and scratched him behind his ear. "I know, buddy. I missed you too." I cooed, placing a gentle kiss on the top of his head before I stood up. He jumped off of my bed and we left my room, heading down the hallway. I jogged down the stairs and heard him scrambling after me, trying to keep up, so I slowed down to be sure he wouldn't hurt himself.

Chester and I headed straight for the kitchen, as I was feeling pretty hungry this morning. It was probably because I'd only eaten lunch yesterday, which was my own fault. I'd just been so tired last night that I hadn't even felt up to eating.

This morning, however, I was most certainly feeling up to eating. I made myself two waffles, eggs, and sausages before grabbing the maple syrup and putting it on my waffles. My stomach rumbled hungrily as I poured a cup of milk and grabbed a fork, practically running to the dining room table with my food. I began to stuff my face while Chester laid under the table at my feet, surprisingly not trying to beg for food from me. Sometimes I would give him some of what I had, but today was not one of those days, so I was glad he wasn't just sitting there staring at me. It'd just make me feel guilty for not sharing.

All of the sudden, I heard footsteps heading down the stairs and automatically assumed it must've been Carmen, scooping some eggs into my mouth. However, I was proven to be wrong when Luke came sauntering into the dining room, wearing a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I glanced up at him as he looked at my plate with interest, his gaze flicking up to meet mine. "You made breakfast?" He asked with some excitement, causing me to pause and bite my cheek. "I...made breakfast for me." I said guiltily, causing him to frown. "None for me?" He asked. I looked down at my plate, playing with my eggs uncomfortably. "I didn't expect you or Carmen to be up for a while, so I didn't make any for you." I explained softly, looking up when he sat down in the chair across from me. "Aw. So only Nina gets breakfast?" He pretended to pout, my brows furrowing as I stared at him.