41

~Seraphina's POV~

On Tuesday afternoon when school was over, Enzo and I headed out to his car, my backpack lightly jostling on my back with each step. His car chirped as he unlocked it and I slipped into the passenger's side, keeping the window rolled down as he got in and started up the engine. It was feeling pretty nice out today, the march air now cold and not hot. It was perfect out, just low enough to make me love it.

Enzo grinned as he backed out of the parking lot and began to drive fast down the road, the wind coming in through the window. It blew my hair around and I grinned as wide as the Cheshire Cat, leaning my face closer to the window so I could better feel the coolness of the wind on my face. As if he knew what else was missing, Enzo clicked on the radio and turned it way up, the bumping bass in the speakers sending vibrations through my whole body. It was something that I would never tire of, I knew that for sure.

Unfortunately, the happinesses was over far too soon as Enzo pulled his car into the driveway of his house, killing the engine when we stopped. I got out of his car, my hair a windblown mess that I desperately tried to smooth out as I swung my backpack onto one of my shoulders again. He locked his car and it did that familiar chirp as he did so, running a hand through his messy hair while he twirled his car keys on his index finger of his other hand. "Is it okay if I come over Saturday? I was thinking you and I could study together, since there's that test coming up in physics." He said hopefully, causing me to beam as I nodded my head.

"That sounds fun!" I chirped, and he raised a brow. "Right. We definitely have different ideas of fun." He chuckled with a shake of his head, turning around to head up the steps of his porch. "See you tomorrow, kitten." He called to me over his shoulder.

I yelled my goodbyes back at him as I ran over to my house, jogging up to the front door. When I entered my home, I smiled happily as I saw that Chester was already waiting impatiently in the entry hallway. The second he saw me walk through the door he became excited, wildly jumping around on his hind legs as his tail wagged and he stared up at me. I giggled and shut the door, locking it as well before I ducked down and scooped him up into my arms. He licked at the back of my hands as I entered the living room, half expecting to see Luke already in there, but he wasn't there.

A wave of disappointment slipped through me and I considered that maybe he just wasn't home from work yet, remembering that I had seen him leave just before me this morning so he wouldn't be late. Some days he worked so late that he didn't get back until after nine PM, but that wasn't very often at all, thankfully.

Gently petting Chester, I headed upstairs and down the hall, deciding that I should probably do my homework while I waited for him to get home. I had missed him today, even if I had seen him just this morning. I decided to leave my bedroom door open while I worked, setting Chester down on my bed before I climbed in behind him, taking off my backpack as I did so. Today I had homework for many classes, those classes being physics, calculus, Spanish, and lastly was my English class. Deciding to start with the easiest, I began to do my English homework, managing to get it done within maybe fifteen minutes at the most. Now that that was done, I set to work on my Spanish homework next, deciding to take it from there.

I had been working for about an hour and a half and was now doing my physics homework, which I was nearly finished with, when I heard the sound of a pair of footsteps entering my room.

Caught off guard and slightly in a panic, my head snapped up, ready to scream if it was an intruder. Nobody had been home except for me, of course. However, I relaxed immediately when I saw that it was just Luke, who was leaning against my doorframe with his hands in his pockets. He was still dressed from work, his black shirt tight on his broad chest and shoulders, clinging to his large frame. A pair of black jeans covered his long legs, and there was a simple pair of black boots that covered his feet. His blonde hair was styled to perfection as it always was, a smile rising on my lips as I met his blue eyes with my brown ones.