34

~Seraphina's POV~

Although I had promised Enzo that I would be up and ready by the time he arrived on Saturday, that did not end up being the case. I ended up waking up almost directly at noon, which was very late for me considering the fact that I usually got up no later than nine AM every day, even on the weekends.

After I did wake up, though, I realized just how late it was and I panicked a little as I realized that Enzo would be walking over here any minute now and I was still not even close to ready yet. It was at moments like these, which didn't pass often, that I cursed having Enzo live next door to me. He was too close, giving me little to no time to get ready if I accidentally woke up too late. Regardless, I scrambled my way out of bed and rushed down the hall towards the bathroom, slamming the door shut before I locked it. I was in such a rush that I didn't even give Chester the opportunity to come into the bathroom with me as he usually did, starting up the shower so the water could heat. While the water heated, I brushed my teeth and washed my face, finally hearing the soft whimpers and cries outside of the bathroom door.

When I realized that Chester was locked outside of the bathroom door and wanted in, hearing him cry to be let inside, I felt a strong pang or guilt hit me right in the chest. I quickly opened the door and let him scurry his way in, shutting and locking the door once again when he was laid on the floor happily. If there was one thing that I absolutely couldn't deal with, it was the sound of Chester crying, be it from pain or sadness. He was too precious to me and I didn't like hearing it.

I got undressed and hopped into the shower quickly, trying to be as thorough as I could in washing my body and my hair. Then, I conditioned my hair before rinsing it out, somehow managing to finish showering in fifteen minutes. I was pretty sure I hadn't had that quick of a shower in many years, if ever. Now that I was clean, I wrapped a towel around my body and booked it right back into my room, hoping Enzo wouldn't be here until later. Of course, my wishes were not granted, as I saw that Enzo himself was sat casually in the middle of my bed. He was doing something on his phone, a slightly bored look on his face while he waited for my return. "Enzo!" I huffed as I clutched my towel tighter to my chest, the sound of my voice immediately making his head snap up to look in my direction.

His gaze caught mine for probably a split second before he realized that I was in only my towel, causing his gray eyes to sweep over my figure. "Where are your clothes, Phina?" He grunted, meeting my gaze once again. "I woke up late and had to rush to shower." I explained with a shrug of my shoulders, still clutching my towel like it was some sort of lifeline. "Can you get out so I can get dressed?" I asked him as politely as possible, making surprise flicker across his face for one brief moment.

I knew why, too. If this had happened while I'd been crushing on him, I would have been blushing tomato red, embarrassed and flustered. I was still slightly embarrassed, but not because of anything to do with Enzo or with me being nearly naked in front of him. I wasn't flustered in the slightest now. I was embarrassed because I'd promised I'd be up on time and ready, yet here I was, clearly the opposite. Like I'd asked him to, Enzo nodded his head and then left my room, shutting the bedroom door after him so as to give me some privacy. Chester went ahead and laid on his bed area in the corner of the room while I picked out my undergarments, getting comfortable on the rug over there.

Now dressed in my underwear, I hurried into my closet so that I could quickly find something to wear, not wanting Enzo to have to wait. I pulled on a white cropped top that had long sleeves and was off the shoulder, as I had decided against wearing a bra for today. Then, I found a cute overall dress that was a soft sky blue denim and pulled it on, letting my long hair flow down my back. I grabbed my white converse and left my closet, retrieving a pair of socks from my dresser and slipping them on before my converse. Since I had already put my deodorant on before getting dressed, all I had to do was spray a little bit of my perfume on myself before I set it back down and opened my bedroom door. "I'm ready!" I chirped, looking up at Enzo as he pushed off of the wall.