Chapter 2 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

The next morning, I wake up to someone poking my cheek. I slowly open my eyes and blink a couple of times to let them adjust to the bright light. Damn, I really need to get some curtains soon.

"Mama?" Lily calls out to me in a low voice.

"Yes, bubbles?" I question while yawning and stretching my arms above my head.

"I'm hungry, mama." She tells me while patting her tummy and looking up at me with her innocent eyes.

Before I left California with Lily, I made sure to take all of his money that was poorly hidden in the house. It would've been useless for us to leave while being broke. The money that I took from him was more than enough to get us by for a few months.

I gave her a small smile and sat up, "You want to grab some breakfast before we go shopping for the apartment?"

She nods eagerly and I wash up with her before changing our clothes and heading towards the car.

I walk into the mall, holding Lily's hand tightly after we ate breakfast. I decided to buy her some clothes and shoes first before we went to buy furniture.

After I got her everything she needed, we walked into a clothing store for me and I started going through the clothes.

As we were walking back to our car with our hands full of bags, a man suddenly walked in front of me which caused me to stop in my tracks. Lily moved to hide behind my right leg.

"Hey." He said while looking me up and down.

"I'm not interested." I told him as I tried walking around him.

He grabbed my arm with a tight grip and pulled me to his chest while he snaked his other arm around my waist.

"Let go of me." I said lowly through gritted teeth.

I didn't want to start anything with him in front of Lily. She's seen enough and I didn't want to put her through any more trauma.

He lowered his face towards mine, leaving only inches apart, "I don't think so hot stuff. Why are you making this hard? We could have some fun together."

"Mama, can we leave now?" Lily asked me in a gentle whisper while tugging at my shirt.

Before I could say anything, he turned his attention to Lily and questioned her, "Can you not see that I'm talking to your mom?"

I pulled my leg back and as hard as I could, I kneed him in his crotch, making him groan and remove his hands.

"Don't talk to my daughter that way, asshole!" I leaned in and told him angrily in his ear before pushing him away. I grab Lily's hand and walk fast back to my car.

I could hear him getting closer, chasing after us but then another voice came through, making me turn around, "Hey, Luigi. Where do you think you're going?"

A redhead with tattoos walked up behind him, grabbed his arm, and twisted it behind his back.

"Mother fucker!" He yelled out in pain.