Chapter 57 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

Damon looks taken aback at first but as he pulls his head back, he sees who it is and the smallest hint of a smile forms on his face. Instead of hugging her back, he places his hands on her shoulders and moves her away from him.

She lets out an embarrassed laugh and pushes her hair behind her ear, "I'm sorry, it's old habits."

Damon turns his head to me and wraps his arm around my waist, "Baby, this is, Ava. Ava, this is my wife, Roxie."

"We've met." I say, causing him to look between us.

"Yeah, I helped her with her dress." Ava responds, with a friendly smile on her face.

Damon nods and I shake my head, "I'm sorry, how do you two know each other?"

"Oh, Ava is an old friend of mine." Damon assures me. "Years ago, she would act as my date to certain events."

"I was there to help keep the money hungry females away from him. We were truly good friends but I ended up moving away for a business opportunity and we lost contact with each other." She says, a hint of sadness flashes across her eyes.

"When did you get back?" Damon questions, as he pulls me closer to his side.

She hums to herself before answering, "I've only come back about a few months ago. I would've contacted you but it's kind of hard to get in touch with a mafia boss."

He lets out a sigh and runs a hand down his face, "Yeah, I've been busy recently."

"When are you not?" She jokes, causing them both to laugh.

"So anyways, what happened to that business opportunity that you got?" He asks, looking genuinely interested.

An excited smile forms on her face, "Well, you're now looking at the owner of, Ava's Bridal Shop!"

His expression turns to one of proudness and he pulls her into a hug, "I always knew you would achieve your dreams. I'm proud that you're doing what you've always wanted."

So she's not the employee then, she's the owner. I see the way Damon is with Ava and I can't help but wonder about the history they have with each other. Who is she to him?

"I hate to do this but I have to get going." She says, while they pull away from the hug.

"Are you sure?" His brows furrow. "You could stay a bit longer if you want to."

She shakes her head and looks down, "No, I can't. I have this thing that I-" Letting out a sigh, she shifts from one foot to the other. "I have to go back to the shop."

Damon looks at her with suspicion and worry in his eyes, "Okay, well you can come over any time you want. Our doors are always open to you."

She places a hand on his arm and gives him a light smile before turning to me and pulling me into a friendly hug, "Congratulations to the both of you on your wedding."

We both thank her and say goodnight as she turns and leaves. I look over to Damon, only to see him watching her retreating form.

After a few hours of talking to the guests who congratulate us, dancing, eating some more and enjoying the night, a man walks up to us with a little boy beside him.