Chapter 70 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

"Mr. Knight, are you listening to me?" The doctors voice cuts through the room, bringing my attention back to him.

I turn my head to look at him and raise an eyebrow, "Can you not see that I'm with my wife?"

"I understand that you want to be alone with her, but I need you to understand that it's been almost two months." He lets out a sigh and puts the pen that he's holding in his coat pocket. "Sir, during the first three weeks, your wife didn't show any signs of progress at all."

"I don't give a fuck how long it's been! I'll wait fucking years for her to wake up if I have to!!" I argue, venom laced in my tone.

"Mr. Knight!" He raises his voice with a hint of annoyance. "We needed you to sign a consent form after the third week stating that you give us permission to take your wife off of the ventilator. I know you don't want to hear this but she isn't going to wake up. Now, I need you to sign the consent form."

One, did this piece of shit just raise his fucking voice at me? Two, what kind of doctor talks to the family of his patients like that? Three, who the fuck does this bald mother fucker think he's talking to?!

I gently place Roxie's hand down and stand up before walking over to him. He tries to take a step away from me but I quickly wrap my hands around his throat and lift him up, strangling the life out of him.

"Do you know who the fuck you're speaking to??!!" I ask through gritted teeth as he tries to pry my hands away from his neck. "Who the fuck do you think you are telling me that my wife isn't going to make it?!"

"S-sir, I'm sorry." He apologizes, his face turning a deep red color as he struggles to breathe.

"Get the fuck out before I rip out your tongue and shove it down your fucking throat!!" I yell, before throwing him towards the door.

He stumbles and trips over his own feet, causing him to fall down but he quickly gets back up and runs out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I blow out a breath of frustration and walk back over to Roxie's bedside. Sitting down on the chair, I grab her cold hand and hold it in between my own hands before kissing her palm.

"I'm sorry for yelling, baby. That dumb fuck was pissing me off." I apologize to her in a low tone.

Looking over Roxie, I can't help but admire her. Even in her current state, she's still the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on.

Her skin is pale and cold all over, she hasn't moved at all... not even a tiny inch. The color in her hair is fading and she has a tube going down her throat that's breathing for her.

As much as I hate to admit it, the damn doctor is right. She didn't show any signs of progress during the first three weeks and even after that, she still hasn't.

I place her cold palm against my cheek as tears fall down my face, "You can't leave me. Please don't leave me, baby."

The tears blur my vision and I blink them away so that I can look at my wife clearly. Her chest slowly rises and falls with every breath.

"If you leave me, I won't be able to live with myself. I can't raise the kids on my own. I need you, my love." I whisper while closing my eyes.

Every time I talk to her, I expect to hear a response back but all I get is silence. The only sound in the room apart from my voice is the machines that she's hooked up to. The one that keeps track of her heartbeat echos throughout the silence of the room.

"Why can't you just wake up? If you wake up, I swear I'll take you home and keep you in my arms forever. I'll never let you go, baby. I'll never let you out of my sight ever again." I lean down and kiss her forehead. "All you have to do is wake up."