Chapter 24 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

I sit back in my large black chair with my arms crossed over my chest at the head of the long table in a conference room while Lucky questions the women during the interviews.

We're currently interviewing the eleventh person.

"Ok, Ashley Perez.. is that correct?" He asks her while scanning her resume.

"Yes." She states.

"Alright. Says here you're twenty one, your last job was waitressing at a restaurant a couple blocks away from here and you're in your third year of college." He closes the folder and looks up to her.

His mouth slightly drops open but he quickly composes himself, clearing his throat, "Why do you want to work here?"

She sits up straighter in her seat. "Well, you need more servers right? I was a waitress so I have experience. Just, instead of serving food I'll be serving drinks. You guys also pay more than my last job does and I need to be able to afford staying in college."

"Hmm.. do yo-''

"You're hired." I say, cutting off Lucky's question.

His head whips in my direction and he raises a brow, "I've only asked one question. I still need to ask everything else."

Ashley looks between us as we speak to one another.

"She's right. We need more servers. She has experience and so far every other girl who we've interviewed besides her and two others applied for the stripper position. This is a mother fucking club, Not a strip club!" I say with frustration.

He nods his head slowly, "Alright boss, I'll have Kole do a full and thorough background check on every single person we hire."

"Good." I turn my attention to Ashley. "We're pretty packed tonight. Do you think you could start now?"

She looks at me in shock for about three seconds but quickly replies, "Yes sir, of course."

"Great, when you leave, go straight to the bar. Look for Vanessa, she has red hair and tattoos. She'll be working behind the bar. Tell her 'boss' hired you and you're starting now." She nods her head. "Originally, lucky here would be behind the bar but when he's not, Nessa is always there. If he's not there, you'll report to her. Capisci?"

"Uhh, y-yes." She says before releasing a deep breath.

"Great." I nod my head towards the door. "Go ahead and start."

"Thank you sir." She says while getting up and walking out, closing the door behind her.

♾♾♾♾

After a bunch of long and incredibly boring interviews later we're finally finished.

"Ahh.. I'm ready to go home and sleep the whole day." Lucky says as he stands up from his chair and stretches.

"Not just yet.. you still have about three hours to go." I tell him before standing up and grabbing all the files from the table.

He starts walking to the door with his shoulders slumped forward. "Ughh!! I'm going to go to the restroom. I'll see you later boss."

I finish gathering everything from the table and walk out of the conference room, locking the door behind me before making my way to my office.

After I put everything away, I lock my office and walk to the bar where Lucky is now at instead of Nessa.

"Get me whiskey, neat." I tell Lucky while my eyes scan the club looking for a certain someone.