Chapter 65 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

The sound of everyone around me talking, gasping and turning towards the large staircase catches my attention. Cutting my conversation short, I turn around and my eyes travel to the top of the stairs, where everyone else's attention is currently at.

My blood runs cold at the sight of Roxie and Apricot struggling for a gun so close to the stairs. I turn to my bodyguard to see him already speaking angrily into his earpiece, trying to get ahold of Roxie's bodyguards & Apricots.

Anger consumes me as I quickly make my way towards the stairs as fast as I can. The sound of a gunshot going off makes me freeze in my spot, all the while everyone around me either ducks down or rushes to get their family away.

Someone screams after Apricot loses her balance and begins to fall down the stairs. Her hand shoots out quickly, grabbing Roxie's hand but, Mark, is quicker as he immediately grabs ahold of, Roxie, before pulling her back.

When Apricot lands at the bottom of the stairs, my legs start moving again and I rush forwards. My heart is pounding out of my chest and I just need to make sure that she's okay. I need to get to her.

Running as fast as I can, I don't stop. Not even when I come up to a bleeding Apricot who's laying on the ground unmoving. She's carrying my child and yes, I do care for the baby. It's my baby... but, I care about my wife more.

If that makes me an asshole then so be it, but I was never supposed to have a baby with anyone else, let alone Apricot.

I never wanted anyone but my wife to carry my babies. I love her. I love her so much, I'm even willing to let one of my unborn babies possibly die just so I can keep her and make sure that she's okay.

Once I make it to the top of the stairs, I run up to Roxie and pull her in my arms while I look over her entire body for any injuries.

"Baby, are you alright? Are you injured? Does anything hurt?" I question, my eyes searching her body as I turn her in all directions.

"I'm okay, Damon." She answers, before touching her forehead with her fingers. "I just have a bit of a headache."

I look at her forehead to see a small bump and a bruise beginning to form. As I lightly touch her forehead, she winces and moves her head back.

"Mommy!" Lily cries out, and we both turn to see her coming out from behind Vanessa before running straight for us.

She throws her arms around Roxie's leg as tears stream down her face.

"I'm fine, bubbles." Roxie reassures her, while bending down to hug, Lily. "I'm here."

"Boss." Mark walks up to me, pulling my attention away from my girls.

"Where the fuck are the other three guards?!" I ask, my hands shaking with anger. "Fucking useless! That's what the fuck they are!"

"I'm not sure, boss." He nervously speaks. "I already have a few other guards searching for them."

"They're in a closet unconscious down that hallway." Roxie says, pointing to a hallway not far from where we're at.

Mark nods his head and speaks into his earpiece, giving orders to search every room in that hallway.

"Boss, should I take the trash out?" V asks, making me look over at her.

She's standing above a woman's body which is surrounded by blood. I make my way over to them and stop beside, V. When I look down at the woman, I let out a breath of frustration.