Bonus Chapter - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

It's been a week since I signed a consent form and had the doctor take my wife off of the ventilator. One week since I've seen her face, touched her skin and since she took her last breath.

Today is the day of her funeral and I've been dreading every second. I spent my time with our kids, being there for them, especially Lily. Making sure that they have everything they want and need.

During the night while they're asleep, I'll have a couple of drinks by myself before going to bed. Her scent is still in the sheets and blankets. It tears me apart but I love it at the same time. I love how it seems like she's still there at night but I hate how she actually isn't.

"Boss, we're here." Ken says, as the car comes to a stop.

I look out of the car window and in the distance, I could see Roxie's coffin surrounded by our family. I had my parents take Lily and Lorenzo in their car with them because I wanted to be alone for a bit.

After putting on my sunglasses, I open the car door and step out. The sun is shining but it's sort of cold with the wind and the leaves are falling off from the trees. I shut the car door behind me and begin walking towards where everyone else is at.

Roxie is being buried right beside where we had Theo buried. I made sure that they dug the hole deep enough for two coffins because when I die, I want to be buried with her.

I stop by a tree at a good distance from where everyone else is standing. I don't want anyone to talk to me or tell me how sorry they are for my loss.

Scanning everyone who's here, my eyes land on my parents. My mom is holding Lorenzo in her arms with tears pouring down her face. My dad is trying to comfort her and be strong by holding back his own tears.

Axel holds Luciana's hand as she leans on his shoulder. Charlotte stands beside Marcus, and Sarah is engulfed in Lucky's arms. V cries on Jax's shoulder while he rubs her back with a sad expression. Jenny is standing behind Lily, who is crying as Sebastian tries to hug her.

My attention goes to the priest who's standing beside her coffin when he starts talking, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his names sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Thou anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

I block out everything else he says as I stare at the sky. Everyone is crying and yet, I don't think I have the right to cry anymore. I'm the one who basically ended her life. Should I have left her on the ventilator and waited for a miracle, or did I do the right thing by letting her go??

Every night when I go to bed on my own, I basically cry myself to sleep. Her death has ruined me in ways that I couldn't even imagine and I don't think that it's going to get any better. I have a feeling that it'll keep going downhill from here.

Sometime later, I watch as everyone places flowers on her coffin one by one. The whole time since I've got here, I stayed standing beside the tree away from everyone else. My dad looked over at me a couple of times but I acted like I didn't notice.

After they lower her coffin into the grave, everyone starts to slowly leave. My parents walk over to me with Lorenzo and Lily.

"We're going to head back home now, figlio." My mom says, just as she comes to a stop in front of me.