Chapter 52 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

"It's such a surprise, this visit from you." Apricot tells me as she leans back in her chair.

"Yeah well, I didn't walk all the way over here to see you for my health." I say, while crossing my arms over my chest.

She raises an eyebrow, "Why did you come then?"

I walk closer to her but not too close, "Look, I'm not a terrible person. I can see that you need help. I haven't forgotten all of the things that you've done but it's clear that you're unstable."

"Yet, you came to my room all alone." She points out, tilting her head to the side and looking towards the door.

We both stay silent for a few moments as I carefully watch her. Slowly, she begins to stand up, making me cautiously take some steps back.

She takes one step forward and that's when I notice the chain that's around her left ankle. It's a short chain so even if she tried, she wouldn't be able to get to me because it would hold her back.

"So, what are you trying to say?" She questions, moving her unbrushed hair out of her face.

"I'm willing to try to get Damon to agree on letting you get the help that you need." I say, as she narrows her eyes. "Your baby will be fine here while you get professional help."

She tries to lunge forward but the chain on her ankle stops her, "I don't need professional help!! There is nothing wrong with me and I definitely don't want you anywhere near my baby!!"

I stay silent and watch as she begins to cry. This doesn't look like she's acting anything out at all. She truly believes that there is nothing wrong with her. Everything that she has ever done, she doesn't seem to think that it was wrong.

Everything that she did, she did it out of pure jealousy and hate of Damon not choosing her. She's obsessed with him and seems to think that it's normal behavior which makes me question, what exactly has happened to her in the past that made her become the way that she is?

I let out a sigh and cautiously take a step forward, "Look, I know that you don't like me and believe me, I don't like you either but if you care at all for your baby, you'll accept my offer."

She wipes away her tears that keep flowing down her cheeks and looks up, "You can't take my baby away from me."

She spoke so sadly to me, it almost made me feel bad for her... almost. I haven't forgotten that she took our baby away from us and I never will.

"If you decide to get help and get better, I'm sure you'll be able to see your baby again. I'm not a monster Apricot. I would never purposely want to tear your child away from you but if you refuse to get help, you'll be putting that baby at risk and eventually, he or she will be taken away from you regardless." I finish saying, making her brows furrow together and her eyes drop as she thinks over my words.

As she gets lost in thought, my eyes roam around her room. Her bed is neatly made, making it look like she hasn't been using it too much. There's a couple of things thrown on the floor and her breakfast is sitting on the bedside table untouched.

"Okay." Apricot murmurs quietly, causing my attention to turn back to her.

"You're agreeing?" I ask in shock, not sure that I truly believe what I heard.

She slowly nods her head before looking up and placing her hands on her stomach, "This is my baby."

Her tone sounded territorial, almost like how she used to sound when she said that Damon was hers.