Chapter 13 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

We head to the hospital the next day and find Jax with a few other guys. I decided not to come to the hospital last night because it was too late and Lily needed to sleep.

"Hey, Roxie." Jax says with a smile as he walks up to me.

"Hi, Jax." I greet him back and pause before asking him nervously, "Where is Damon?"

"Sorry. Follow me and I'll take you to him." He says and waves for us to walk with him to Damon's room.

I turn to Lily who is hiding behind me and grab her hand before I follow Jax. When we walk into his room, my eyes land on Lucky, Kole, and another boy whom I've never seen before.

Kole gives me a look as discreetly as possible that shows he doesn't want me here. I ignore his look and turn to the bed to see Damon with his hands over his eyes.

 I ignore his look and turn to the bed to see Damon with his hands over his eyes

Lily hides behind my legs again. I'm sure it's because of all the men in the room. I clear my throat and Damon removes his hands to look up at me. When Lily pokes her head around my leg, his attention shifts down to her.

He immediately turns his head to the guys and says, "Get out."

They don't question him or say anything. They all just exit the room without a word and shut the door behind them, leaving only Lily, Damon, and I alone in the room.

I wanted to say something to him but the words wouldn't come out. I'm relieved that he's okay but I kind of want to know what happened. Why is he here in the first place?

Lily walks toward Damon's bed and reaches out to touch his arm. He looks down at her with such a soft expression... totally different from when he looks at other people.

"Are you sick?" She curiously asks him while tilting her head to the side.

"Umm, no. I'm not sick." He responds to her, glancing at me and then looking back to Lily.

Her brows pull together and a confused look takes over her face, "Do you have a boo-boo?"

I notice the corner of his lip tug up a little bit before he tells her, "Yeah, something like that. It's okay though because the doctor put a band-aid on it and made me feel better."

She nods her head before laying it on his arm and saying, "I missed you, Damey."

He hesitates for a moment and then picks Lily up to sit her down on his lap, "I missed you too, Principessa."

The moment between them makes my heart flutter a bit. Before anything else can be said, the nurse walks in while looking at the clipboard in her hand, "Okay, Mr. Knight. How are you feeling?"

"I already said that I'm fine." He tells her with irritation laced in his voice.

She looks up and is caught off guard when she sees Lily with him. Then she turns around and sees me. Her face is filled with confusion before she clears her throat and says, "I'm sorry, but Mr. Knight needs his rest. I'm going to have to ask you to-"