Chapter 10 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

I jerk my head back and look to my left to see Lily standing there in her pajamas, holding onto Nico in one arm and rubbing her eyes tiredly with her free hand.

I look back to Damon who is frozen, staring at Lily, still in the same position in between my legs. I quickly put my hands on his chest and that seems to snap him out of his frozen state. He looks at me and takes three steps back.

I jump off the counter and make my way to Lily, picking her up and holding her on my left hip. I look at Damon again to see him looking between me and Lily with a confused expression on his face.

"Mama, who is he?" Lily asks with a soft voice as she places her head on my shoulder and looks over at Damon.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I didn't want him to see her. He wasn't supposed to know about her.

"My name is Damon." He answers her question as he steps toward us.

My grip around Lily unconsciously tightens as I slightly turn my body, trying to move her away from him. He notices this and looks at me with confused eyes but stops in his place.

Lily raises her head and looks at him for a few seconds before a small smile appears on her lips.

She wiggles in my arms, letting me know she wants to get down. After I place her on the ground next to me, she cautiously walks up to Damon. He doesn't move, just watches as she walks to him.

When she's in front of him, she beckons him down to her level with her fingers. He looks at me before kneeling and waiting for her to speak.

"Did you take my mommy to eat food?" She asks as she hugs Nico.

"Yes, I hope that's okay with you?" He tells her in the form of a question.

She nods her head before saying, "Auntie Nessie told me about you sometimes."

He furrows his brows and looks at me. I take a deep breath and look down.

"I think my mommy likes you." She continues, making my head shoot up. I look at her with wide eyes and my jaw drops open.

I see the corner of Damon's mouth tilt up a bit before he says, "Well, I like your mommy too."

Lily smiles even bigger, "My name is Lily."

"It's nice to meet you." He tells her, returning a genuine smile at her.

Lily yawns so I decide to speak up, "Okay, it's time for you to go back to bed."

She leans closer to Damon and whispers something in his ear. He raises an eyebrow and looks up at me. He then whispers something back to her and she throws her arms around his neck to hug him. He hugs her back before he says goodnight to her and stands up.

I really want to know what they said to each other but at the same time, I don't.

Lily walks to me and I pick her up before looking to Damon, "I'm going to put her back to sleep now."

He nods his head and says, "Go ahead."

I turn around and walk down the hall to Lily's room. I'm sure he'll be gone by the time she falls asleep again.

♾♾♾♾

•Damon's POV ~

While I was sucking on Roxie's neck, I heard a child's voice speak. I immediately looked to where the voice came from and saw a tired-looking little girl. My whole body froze when I realized she was talking to Roxie.