one ✿

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  [ joshua's pov ]  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

a sharp pain in my left shoulder jolted me awake. my eyes adjusting to the darkness around me and attempting to make out the certain shapes and objects in my surroundings, it seemed vaguely familiar.

i tried to move my hands but realised they were cuffed to the back of the wooden chair i was tied to, i attempted to wiggle myself out from the tight handcuffs but to no avail. i was hopeless and it was pointless to try and escape - it'll only drain my energy, which means i could die faster, and i definitely wouldn't want that to happen.

my eyes widened as i realised that i had been kidnapped. but the question was, by who? who would want to kidnap someone like me? 

i scanned my surroundings again, and my eyes widened when i realised i was in my secret hideout. my head hurt and i felt like crying. i bit my lip, holding back tears.

was this how i was going to die?

i shut my eyes, trying my best to recall the previous events that led to this one.

"why can't i remember anything??" i cried out loud, while i tried once again to free myself and made every effort to liberate my hands from the metal cuffs that hurt my wrists. cuts were already forming on my soft and delicate skin.

all of a sudden, a high pitched noise filled the room -  metal scratching metal. i shook my head roughly, the sound hurt my ears and it echoed around the tiny basement i was trapped in, making it ten times worse.

someone obviously wanted to torture me.

i closed my eyes again, and at once, all my memories came flooding back to me.

                             ✧ flashback ✧

i stepped out the front door and locked it behind me.

i plugged in my earpiece to my favourite go-to song - "hug" by seventeen. it was so calming and relaxing, i hummed along to the song and walked briskly to my next destination - my secret hideout.

it was located in some secluded alley which seemed very creepy in the dead of the night, so no one has ever dared venture into that quiet and eerie place, well, except me.

i discovered this place when i was hiding from my bullies back then. yeah, i got bullied because i wasn't from korea, i was an "outsider" that didn't belong since i was from the states.  [a/n: we should stop racial discrimination !! okay sorry :3]

i scanned around me one last time just to make sure no one was following me before opening the trap door to the underground basement and i climbed down the old wooden ladder that led me to my "home".

my face turned into a slight frown as i realised something seemed wrong and different. the atmosphere was slightly off and i quietened my steps, i tip toed to my own made bed of old rags and blankets. i flinched and spun around roughly as i heard a small beeping noise coming from one of the cupboards from the other side of the room.

i rushed to the cupboard and picked up the small beeping device. my face scrunched up, "what is this thing? has someone been stalking and followi-" my train of thoughts got cut off as something hard, like a baseball bat, hit the back of my head, knocking the consciousness out of me.

✧ end of flashback ✧

i snapped out of my daze as a rather high pitched voice spoke from behind me," hey josh", it said.

funny, i expected the voice to be deep and rough like those in movies but whoever this was had a soothing voice.. and somehow familiar.

"who's there??" i questioned and tried to turn my head around to look at the person standing behind me.

"oh, you've forgotten me? already? seriously josh, i thought your memory was better than this", he said and walked in front of me.

i gasped in shock.

no way, it can't be. no, that's... not possible...

"jeonghan..? is that really you..?"

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*tbc *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

————————————————————————
(a/n)
henlo!! i hope this chapter was alright even though i think it's quite bad cojsiciskcosnci :")
i'll try better okii ;w;
baii :3
word count : 709 words