thirty four ♢

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  [third person's pov]  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

only one single persistent and loud noise filled the operating room as the surgeons, one by one, backed away from the operating table.

all hanging their heads low, muttering a word of 'sorry' to the proclaimed dead boy lying lifeless on the table, with his body sliced open, with multiple tubes and clamps decorating the outside of his bloodied wounds.

"jeon wonwooo, time of death—"

"NOO!! I WON'T GIVE UP YET!!" the head cardiac surgeon yelled, looking towards the exit of the room, where the little boy, moon junhui, was yelling and bawling his eyes out as the poor child was anticipating the results of the operation.

the resilient surgeon didn't want to give up, he didn't want the boy to be even more heartbroken, to hear that his friend didn't make it through...

"get the defibrillator right now!!" he hollered, gesturing to the device behind a few of the disheartened surgeons. they looked up and stared blankly at the guy who was in charge, thinking of the almost only 10% chance of reviving the child, as he has been gone for a good 2-3 minutes already.

"charge to 50 joules! SHOCK!"

the lifeless body remained as it was, the flat beeping noise loud as ever.

"CHARGE TO 200 JOULES!! SHOCK!"

"but sir, he's just a kid—"

"I SAID 200 JOULES RIGHT NOW!! ARE YOU GONNA HELP OR WHAT??? SHOCK!!"

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

"again!!!!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  [junhui's pov]  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

i wiped a more tears away from my swollen and puffy eyes.

when i opened then again, the door to the operating room opened.

i gasped and ran up to the doctor, "sir!! sir... i-is h-he o-o-okay...?"

he gave me an assuring smile, "he's okay, you will be able to see him soon, okay? don't worry, pal." he patted my back.

< two hours later >

"moon junhui? is there a moon junhui here—"

"yes! i'm here!!" i jumped out of my seat and raised my hand.

"hmmm okay. you can go in to see your friend now. just follow me alright?" a nurse beamed at me, as she led me to wonwoo's room.

she opened the door and without any hesitation, i dashed to his bed and took his hands in my own, tears pouring down my cheeks.

"won... you're okay..."

"do you want me to wake him up for you?" the nurse asked, getting a syringe with a clear liquid in it.

"yes, please..." i sniffed, caressing wonwoo's pale cheeks.

the nurse injected the liquid into the tubes thingy and a few moments later, wonwoo was stirring from his sleep.

"j-jun hyung?" wonwoo croaked.

"yes!! it's me won!! are you okay?" i helped him to sit upright.

there was a few moments of pindrop silence, until he spoke.

"why?" wonwoo stared at me.

"why what?"

"why didn't you find me earlier?" he glared at me. "what took you so long to find me, you idiot?!!"