twenty five ✮

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* [ jeonghan's pov] *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

before i could even object, my ex boyfriend dragged me away. i gave daemi, joshua, soonyoung and jihoon the HELP-ME-I'M GONNA-DIE face, but they just shrugged, and joshua mouth the words, "hang in there."

i gave them a weak smile before seungcheol slammed the door shut and pulled me away.

i couldn't resist him. his strength was too over powering.

i followed him out of the hospital, and we ran all the way back to pledis, before stopping at a familiar cafe — the cute cafe that seungcheol and i would go to almost every day before this hectic week, and, when we were still together.

he opened the door and gestured for me to go in first, and i did, except, without smiling at him like i used to. instead i muttered a simple, "thank you."

i took a seat at our usual go-to booth in the corner of the cafe, where we used to spend hours after hours just chatting, joking, laughing and other fun stuff.

we sat in silence for a few minutes. i stared outside, while he stared at me.

"look jeonghan..." he mumbled, too soft for me to hear.

"what did you say?" i leaned closer.

"you're probably still mad at me." he sighed.

"was mad. past tense. i can't be mad." i smiled, "you literally saved all of us yesterday. if it weren't for you, that lunatic would still be alive." i pointed out.

"and by the way hyung, would you care to explain why on earth you're not in jail this very second???" i questioned.

seungcheol smiled and responded simply, "i took the easy way out."

i raised my eyebrows.

"what i mean is, i ran away, so i didn't get caught."

"but won't they like find your fingerprints on the knife handle thing?"

"oh er. i threw away the knife. not. in pledis of course. that would be stupid, and i definitely couldn't risk them finding it. so, i threw it into the han river." he shrugged.

i nodded, "yeah, you're not that stupid."

he furrowed his eyebrows, "jeonghan... i have something important to get off my chest. i've been wanting to tell you this for a long time now."

"if it's something about us getting back together, i think you know pretty damn well what my answer will be." i looked away.

"well. there's that too. but no, its way more serious than that."

"it's a pretty long story —"

"then start. i don't got all day you know." i yawned and leaned back into the softness of the booth seat.

"soonyoung. he-he's bad. you shouldn't trust him. yeah yeah, he looks like a hamster and —"

"excuse me, choi seungcheol?? kwon soonyoung is my best friend and wha—"

"no. listen to me. it's not safe to be around him."

"and how do you know. you hate him."

"no? what?! i don't. but—"

"but what??"

"because—"

"because what?!!"

"because he's my brother!! god damn it!" he screamed.

wait. brother?? i didn't know soonyoung had a br—

"i mean, he's more like a uh half brother."

"but he never ever mentioned having a sibling?? wait. does he even know that you're his 'half- brother'??"

"no. i lived in the states with you, remember? plus, before that, i was rarely home. i was in a boarding school so i couldn't go home often."

"okay... explain." i demanded.

"alright, fine. after the death of his dad, his mum was in grief of course. but then, she met my dad just a few days later. and they had an affair, when my mum was on a business trip. let's just say it didn't end up well and there was a particular piece of paper that they both signed. however, after a barely 6 months, my dad proposed to his mum. and boom! they got married. but my dad never told my step mother that i existed."

"but this doesn't explain why and how soonyoung is bad."

"yah. i'm getting there." he rolled his eyes. "after his father was murdered, soonyoung searched everywhere and was determined to find his father's killer. so, he followed in his successful father's footsteps, becoming a dancer and choreographer. plus, enrolling in pledis entertainment."

"wait. did he even genuinely like dancing in the first place?? or he did all this just to avenge his father??"

"no. he didn't like dancing at all, not the slightest bit. i guess he really loves his father... anyways, continuing with my story. after searching high and low for the anonymous killer of his poor dad, finally, the murderer announced. they said, joshua hong was the one that committed the crime." seungcheol stated, while i frowned.

what on earth... that's simply unbelievable! [a/n brings back seokmin's unbelievable x3 HAHA sorry]

"but joshua didn't do it!" i said, annoyed.

"yeah, i know." seungcheol said, shaking his head. "knowing this false information, soonyoung did everything he could to get could to joshua. and it looks like, he succeeded. even though the real mastermind is dead, soonyoung still may not be able to change the way he sees joshua. in his eyes, joshua is still the killer."

"wait wait. is joshua safe??"

"i'm not sure. who knows what soonyoung is capable of?" he smirked.

what?

"and by the way, how do you know all this information??"

"because soonyoung told jihoon and jihoon told me."

"but jihoon doesn't like you!!"

"oh honey, that's where you're wrong." seungcheol grinned.

i widened my eyes as i felt my jaw drop.

what is happening right now?!!!!

"you've just walked right into a huge trap, mr yoon, and i can't assure you that there would be a way out."

??!!!

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*tbc *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

———————————————————————

[a/n hi! thank you for reading! <3]
(word count: 963 words)