thirty ✮

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* [joshua's pov] *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

i felt so useless.

my feet stood, rooted to the ground as i watched the love of my life crumbling in agony and screaming in pain right in front of my eyes.

bits of his skin flew off as the whip landed on his body, again and again, creating bright ruby slashes in all directions on his back.

he screamed from the pain, stupefied by the torture.

i just stood there, and watched. unable to do anything. my body was trembling vigorously as my palms started getting all clammy. my lip quivered in anticipation and anxiousness.

until something pushed me roughly to the side, making me fall onto the ground.

pain. was what i felt as my body came into contact with the hard floor.

but it was nothing. compared to the state of torment my jeonghan was in.

a short figure stood over me. waving his hands wildly, trying to check if my soul was present in my body.

jihoon. he collided into me.

i was dazed, but managed to get back up onto my feet.

he said something but i couldn't hear him properly. his voice was muffled as i felt my vision blur slightly.

"ten!" a voice shrieked in laughter, another loud piak.

then, everything stopped for a while. there was no laughter, no whipping, or shouting.

finally~ it stooppedd.

i heaved a sigh of relief, and broke out into a wide smile. everything was okay! everything was—

CRACK.

a body flew from the stage, landing right beside me. whoever it was was howling in pain, and i assumed that he had broken a bone because of the loud sound effect.

still in my state of stupefaction, i knelt down beside the crying boy.

i blinked several times as i stared at his face with no expression.

"jihoon?" i questioned, shaking his limp body.

no response.

abruptly, uncontrollable anger filled my veins, because small, and chubby and cute jihoon was hurt.

i finally snapped out of my daydream and checked his pulse. it was still strong.

"oi you! call an ambulance right now!" i pointed to a random guy, that scrambled to take out his phone.

i was done. playing these little games of the devil. or devils.

anger surged through my body. i climbed up onto the stage noisily, seungcheol's and soonyoung's attention were still on my jeonghan.

i quietly walked behind soonyoung, who was holding the whip loosely in his left hand and howling away in laughter, too pre-occupied to notice my presence.

in one swift action, i snatched the whip from his hands and retreated, fleeing the lobby, and running somewhere else, leading these two idiots away from the masses of people.

i heard a faint, "WHAT?!"  and soon after, two pairs of legs running in my direction.

time to play my little game.

i could run, not like those short 50m races, but for extremely long distances. and i knew seungcheol couldn't, because jeonghannie told me before. but soonyoung... he's a dancer, he has good stamina and long legs, maybe he will be able to catch up with me.

my plan was this: let them chase me until i was far from pledis, and then somehow make them lose sight of me. with that time that they will take to find me, i would run back to pledis and untie jeonghan and run away. far far away from all this, nonsense.

i proceeded to carry out my plan, but something or someone blocked my path...

"hello, joshua" a voice said.

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*tbc  *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

———————————————————————

[a/n]
hello! i'm sorry for not updating sooner, was in a camp! and i apologise for the short chapter also, i wrote this on the go and in the little free time that i had. i promise to update more regularly since i'm out of camp! sorry :,)
and btw if y'all could, follow my fan acc that i started with my friend recently! it'll make my day :)
@/lowkeyseventeen
^instagram!
i love y'all 💘
(word count: 668 words)