nine ✿

[a/n italic words are thoughts. sorry if any of you were unclear and confused ;-;]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* [ jeonghan's pov ] *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

~ in the present. FINALLY~

phew. a whole week went by and i was so lucky that i didn't bump into joshua at all. every time i saw him walking towards my direction i would run away and hide till he left. additionally, whenever he looked or glanced my way i would walk calmly away as fast as i could, to avoid looking extremely suspicious.

tomorrow was the day. my first training session. which meant that i would be seeing joshua for approximately 11 hours... and he would definitely notice me.

oh god, i'm excited but not at the same time. what will happen if he acts coldly to me? should i return the coldness? or should i be nice? what if it's awkward?

um by the way, seungcheol hyung isn't in the dorm?? where was he? aish, probably hanging out with that irritating gang of his.

i needed to think in peace, so i left my dorm and contemplated with myself. should i check out joshua's old hideout? but it's so late right now...

tsk... okay yeah, let's go !

i dropped seungcheol hyung a text: "hey hyung, i'll be back late tonight, go to sleep first okay? and don't worry about me, i'll be fine. love you muackmuack <3"

i scrolled through the chat of joshua and i, trying to find that particular text, the one that would lead me to my destination.

i found the text and fastened my footsteps.

i reached the place shortly after. uhh, was the trap door supposed to be left open? but joshua liked his privacy, did he forget to close it?

i frowned and climbed down the ladder. the place was so creepy, like a corridor where they would murder someone in horror movies. this was the correct place, right?

the door creaked as i pushed open, blur to the fact that the door was already ajar...

i shut the door gently behind me and scrunched up my face in confusion.

there was someone sitting on a chair, in the middle of the tiny basement.

i couldn't recognise him, his back was facing me.

my eyes trailed downwards and nearly popped out of their sockets.

whoever this guy was got kidnapped?? his hands were cuffed to the back of the chair, and there was dried blood clinging to the back of his head.

praying that this guy wasn't awake, i took small steps, walking in front to face him.

when i saw his face, i nearly screamed.

it was joshua hong. his handsome face smeared with blood.

i stood rooted to the ground, staring at his unconscious form. he looked just like the old josh when he was sleeping, peaceful and perfect.

i jumped as he moved slightly, stirring from his slumber.

i ran a few meters behind him and watched his every move. the series of events were as such: he scanned the room, tried to get out of the handcuffs, scanned the room again and said loudly, "why can't i remember anything?" and tried to untie himself again.

suddenly a loud sound of metal scratching came. and i covered my ears in attempts to block out the horrendous sound that resonated around the walls of the small room. then it stopped abruptly.