eight ✿

——————— one week earlier ———————

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* [ jeonghan's pov ] *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

... and handsome joshua hong- wAIT WHAT????????? JOSHUA HONG???????

the man that i had been longing to see, feel and touch for ages was standing directly opposite me, about 15 meters away, talking to a pretty girl. he was laughing and had a huge smile on his face.

i caught a glimpse of his face. he changed his hairstyle and hair colour. it used to be his natural brown colour, which suited him perfectly, but now, it was a striking light purple, which wasn't too bad, i guess... it highlighted his attractive facial features.

he even changed his fashion sense. last time, he would wear oversized hoodies and baggy sweatpants but now, he was wearing a branded shirt and tight ripped jeans. i had to admit, he looked quite hot.

but it's as if, he had become a whole new different person all together.

"ah mr yoon. do you know that guy? you've been staring at him with so much intent for a full 3 minutes now. that's Mr Joshua Hong. our newest addition. damn, he's really amazing. his singing could literally cure diseases and he dances like an angel. he's a model too. i'm so glad i recruited him 5 years ago. he's really something, to be so famous and recognised by the rest of the world even at his young age," CEO Lee sighed in admiration.

hold up. joshuji can sing?? and dance?? and excuse my ears, but did i hear mr lee correctly? MODEL?? the joshua i knew 5 years ago hated being vain...

i was confused. was the man i just saw really the joshua hong?

"i'm so glad i recruited him 5 years ago..." these words echoed through my head.

5 years ago? i gasped. wait... did joshua leave me?? for pledis?? no. my speculations couldn't be true. how could he choose fame over his best friend?? i was dumbfounded... i really meant so little to him...

i bet he made that decision himself. to drop everything that night and come to seoul, not caring one bit about how i would feel.

so much for kind, gentleman joshua.

"okay, so you guys have around a week to tour around and familiarise yourselves in this majestic palace-like place yourselves or you could ask joshua to tour you around. might as well get to know him now, he'll be your trainer when training sessions begin next week. have fun!" CEO said, before walking off.

i smacked my ears. did i hear mr lee wrongly again? joshua was going to be our trainer?? omygod. what if he has forgotten me... that'll be so awkward and.. disappointing.

seungcheol shook me softly and giggled, "earth to hannie? or did aliens invade your body?"

i forced a smile, "i'm okay."

"okay then, what are we waiting for?! let's go to the cafeteria! i heard they have the best kimchi fried rice in the whole of seoul here!"  seungcheol jumped up and down in excitement.

he zoomed off like a new born pup and i dragged myself to follow afterhim. i was in a daze and ran after him blindly.

bang!

the impact of the collision threw me onto the ground. and the person i ran into hovered a few inches above me: the girl joshua was talking to earlier.
[a/n XD i'm pretty sure i got you guys there! i actually was gonna put joshua but that'll be too cliché :3 HAHA I'M SORRY]

i screamed internally and rolled away from her, getting up instantly and helping her up to her feet.

i apologised repeatedly and offered to buy her a drink as a peace offering. she gladly accepted of course.

she took me to a coffee shop nearby, because i didn't know the place well and bought her an ice latte. we sat down and started chatting.

i learnt that her name was Wen Daemi, she was a year younger than me and was best friends with joshua ever since he arrived in seoul.

but i haven't told her anything about myself, my name even. but she continued with her story.

she added on, "joshua oppa keeps on talking about this guy named jeonghan. aish, i think he's into whoever this guy was. joshua oppa said that jeonghan oppa has the sweetest smile, and the perfect laugh. he told me that jeonghan oppa was so cute and handsome. he also told me that he was so sad and still regrets, to this day, his decision to leave jeonghan oppa in the states by himself when he came to here to pursue his career. a few months ago, a few of us went out and drank. well, i was still sober and he told me how much he regretted leaving jeonghan oppa, and how much he missed hugging him and holding him in his arms. i really envy jeonghan oppa... by the way, what's your name?"

"o-oh, my name is j-j-junhui." i fabricated, blurting out the first name i could think of.

joshua missed me? i thought he had forgotten all about me...

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*tbc *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

———————————————————————
[a/n]
heyoooooooooooo i think this chapters' length was just nice tbh
joshua was nice not to forget jeonghan hehe
oki :D till next time~
baii :3
[word count: 883 words]