twenty four ✮

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  [ jeonghan's pov]  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"mr hwa-jok lee, former ceo of pledis entertainment, was found and proclaimed dead. on 7th November 2019, at approximately 5:23pm. we are sad to say, that the cause of death is: suicide..." the news reporter said, hanging her head low.

"wait... what..? suicide?? how could they twist the story this badly??!" soonyoung exclaimed, jumping out of his seat and accidentally toppling the glass of water next to him, causing it to fall onto the ground with a 'piang'. glass shards flying in all directions, water staining the carpet on the floor.

the other three boys sitting in the room weren't bothered, not one bit, by soonyoung's clumsiness. they were more worried and curious about what the reporter on the news broadcast just announced.

...suicide..?

"wh-what did seungcheol tell the authorities after we left, hyung?" joshua tugged on my sleeve, eyes still glued to the tv.

"i have no clue... but whatever it is, it's bad..." i responded silently.

"oh... that nasty little... i knew he was bad since the beginning!! urgh!!" soonyoung gritted his teeth, sitting back down and folding his arms.

"but... hyungs... we can't forget the fact that he saved our lives yesterday. if not for him, well..." jihoon said, resting his head on soonyoung's shoulder, causing a blush to form on soonyoung's cheeks.

"okay! how about... since trainings are postponed because of all these... horrible events, let's go visit daemi and the rest of our friends in the hospital! shall we?" i suggested, showing off that radiant smile of mine.

"you mean... 'let's go to the hospital cuz i want to see my daemi!! i miss her so muchhh~' hmm?" soonyoung teases jokingly, smirking, earning a painful smack from me.

haiz...

"what a kid." jihoon stood up and started walking towards the door of the room.

"says the kid himself..." soonyoung scoffed under his breath.

"yah. stop wasting time. let's go. c'mon joshuji." i dragged soonyoung by his ear, the child kicking and moaning in pain, pleading me to let go of his already red ear.

joshua flagged down a taxi and we sat in the car quietly.

< time skip to the hospital, just cuz i'm lazy ;-; >

"thank you, sir!" i thanked the taxi driver and closed the car door.

< walking into hospital >

"hello! may we know where, and what ward the... er... pledis members are in?" jihoon asked the nurse at the counter cutely.

"ward 25! our most exclusive ward. oh and, take the elevator up to level 15 and turn right! you're welcome!" the nurse gleamed.

< taking the lift & walking to the ward >

we reached ward 25 and walked in, our happy mood turning into a gloomy and slightly depressed one.

the room was a plain white, and even though there were 10 living and breathing human beings in the ward, it was as if there no one there, there was almost no sign of life, except for the occasional sneeze or cough.

so much for 'most exclusive'.

"hey guys! what's up!" soonyoung greeted, a huge smile plastered on his face as he spun around the room like a ballerina.

junhui and mingyu face palmed at the dancer's silliness, while others, like, wonwoo and seungkwan, cringed.

"the ceiling." minghao groaned, turning to his side so he didn't have to see soonyoung.