part fourteen - broken atmosphere

Ayanos p.o.v

I hate meetings.

….

I sit down, on the long desk, in the meeting room. It used to be akane sit I presume, but well, she's not here anymore. Kuroko and shiromi sit beside me, so I'm stuck in the middle, whilst aoi has a slow panic attack, for a strange reason.

Megami stands there, for some strange reason.

“So, we will start todays meeting, but, this time, we need to express a concern. “ megami starts, getting everyone's attention.

“Unlike our usual meetings, we need information on any unusual behaviour within your club members, because as you may have heard, we have a increase in attacks on other students.” She explains, and nobody says anything.

“We will not be going around the table, but instead, you may raise your hand if something has your concern.” She adds, finally shutting up.

Nobody says anything, and I hold a laugh. Everyone looks at each other, worried, and even sharing some whispers, which are obviously pissing megami off, as she stands there, crossing her arms.

“How do we know if it's actually anyone in a club, and not one of you?” Freddo asks, getting a shocked look from megami.

“It's true, there hasn't been any attacks on you guys, and well, its a bit odd.” Asu adds, with others nodding in agreement.

Clever, so they've turned on her, funny, as she thinks she has all the control here, she never did, and never will.

“Maybe your them, for wol- terrorising us, creating a utopia within this school, so you have all power.” Kaga smirks, and megami rolls her eyes, whilst kuroko sternly adjusts her glasses. Shiromi is just smiling like always, arms on her lap for once, whilst aoi is still panicking.

“We have been attacked, when the infirmary was sealed off, that was because kuroko, aoi and I were snuck up on and they knocked us all out, with a unknown gas.” Megami interjects whilst the others keep talking to each other.

“Yeah, but that leaves three, one being an actual yandere.” Budo says, crossing his arm, staring right at me. I pause, now feeling everyone looking at me. My anxiety peaks, and I feel sweat dripping down my face.

“She was a yandere, she has who she wanted, so she isn't a threat, besides, that isn't who they're after.” Megami retorts, shutting him up.

“So darling, who is it? The person they are after?” Kizuna asks, somehow making her presence worse than megami.

Everyone pauses, and I swear even gema outside jolts. Nobody dare speak, as kizuna smirks, looking at megamis encroaching fear. We kept it a secret on purpose, knowing that it'll cause so many more problems.

“It's me.” Aoi says, standing up, startling everyone.

“I'm their target, as they've said this straight to me, two days ago.” She adds, looking at everyone.

The place becomes a uproar. I've never seen so many students go crazy, its kinda funny. Megami doesn't have a ounce of humour however, yelling at them to stop.

Kuroko tries to assist her, whilst I stand there, unable to not look away. Aoi looks away, probably expecting it. Shiromi is off in her own world.

“This meeting is finshed! Leave at once!” Megami yells, getting everyone to shut up, and leave, giving us a look of disgust.

When everyone leaves, megami turns around, absolutely pissed. I pause, not liking where this is going.

“What the fuck was that for!? You've caused chaos within this school now!” Megami yells, I know she hates swearing, and I'd personally thought she wouldn't ever swear.

“They needed to know, besides, there was rumours already.” Aoi repiles, shaken, and truly not like herself.

“Who listens to rumours, they're nothing but lies.” Shiromi asks the air, chuckling to herself. Everyone ignore her, and I brace myself for a attack.

“That's it.” Megami sighs, regaining herself. I jolt, knowing instantly where this is going.

“Aoi ryugoku, you are hereby dismissed from the student council, leave your armband here, and make you way home.” She orders, even getting a look from kuroko.

She knows aoi is our strongest here, and extremely useful, she can't just take her off that easily, can she?

Aoi says nothing, and takes it off, placing it on the table. I try to say something, but I can't, still shocked.

“Your all idiots, their closer than you think.” She warns, walking away.

I still don't move, now confused. So that leaves the four of us, to try and find this person, and two that know most are gone.

“What did she mean by that?” I ask, as Shiromi stands up, still smiling, her weird, creepy way.

Megami pauses, “she's in denial, we all know its akane, I won't tell anyone else, and you'd better not either.” She pauses, picking the armband up, and walking away.

I turn to kuroko, seeming as she was just as shocked as us. Shiromi shrugs, and walks away, leaving me and kuroko.

“I need to say something.” Kuroko suddenly says, catching me off guard.

“What?” I ask, curious.

“Aoi knows what she's talking about.” She repiles, looking at the door.

“What do you mean?” I ask, can't she just tell me straight away?

“I'll meet you outside of school, we need to be in a more safe location.” She warns, although staying the same. I sigh and nod, as she leaves. I stand there, adjusting my mask slightly, the council have truly broken.

Aoi and akane have been taken off, megami doesn't believe anyone, and is on the same dead end as before, kuroko and I are the only ones who seem to be actually onto something.

But, that leaves shiromi. Shes hard to work out, well nothing new there, but about this problem, she hasn't been even slightly affected, and well, its keeps peaking my curiosity. Aoi warned that they are closer to us than anyone, and when I was attacked, they knew what they were doing.

I hesitate, but shake it off, I need to stay focused, this stupid problem is getting in the way, I need to make sure taro is OK, or I'll be the one wiping this school out.