part eighteen - ramping attacks

Ayanos p.o.v

Megami doesn't believe anything.

This isn't good.

I sit in my class, watching everyone as they make their ways to their seats. They all look back, with disgust and suspicion. Shiromi has fractured this entire school.

What is she planning?

I know her goal is aoi, it has been all this time, but I've never thought of destroying this unstable society within the school. I was just going to eliminate the rivals, that was it.

Has she forgotten about her goal? I don't know, she's impossible to read, her actions throw everything in the air, and then make it have a million different paths, none of which make sense.

She lies, manipulate, is smart enough to be elusive to even info, plants false ideas to throw it off, she's got megami panicking about the students around her, she's causing everyone to not trust each other, best friends, broken, siblings fractured, all for her one goal.

Speaking of, aoi walks in, getting everyone's attention instantly. I know shes terrified, and well, I don't blame her in the slightest. I know she uses to be one of those who would scare you if she was in the same corridor, but now everyone hates her, because she doesn't let Shiromi win, she stays resilient and refuses to cave in.

Info had told me she has been bullied, at school and home, she can't escape it, I actually feel sorry for her, and that's me saying that.

Yes, I still want to be next to taro, and make sure nobody tries to take him, but, he spoke to me at the weekend, he was scared.

Scared about everything. About my first plan, his sister, the problem here, everything.

It's effecting everyone, and well, shiromi acts like nothing is wrong.

Two days ago

“I know I was unexpected, but I need to explain.” Taro sighs, sitting on my sofa. He isn't hiding his fear, and well, it puts me on edge, who made him this way? He's never this scared.

“Explain what?” I ask, keeping my time calm, even through I want to rip her fucking throat out.

“It's about the yandere.” He repiles, looking away, like he shouldn't have brought it up.

I pause, I know he won't tell, probably because he thinks I'll lash out, on him, if he did spill, but I wouldn't dare hurt him, ever.

“You want to know who it is.” I reply, leaning forward. He turns back, shocked, and nervous, but nods anyway. I sigh, knowing this would have come up eventually.

“It's shiromi.” I reply, letting it sink in. He jolts back, his shock being impossible to hide. I let him have time to understand, knowing it's shocking to find that it was her all along.

“How? Isn't she you know, one huge manipulator, who loves to insult everyone? Why would she care about aoi of all people, she was always a prime victim?” He asks, now more concerned and curious.

I pause and walk to the sofa, sitting beside him, I don't know why, it just felt like I should. I lean forward, staring at the table.

“Nobody knows. But, I know she had forced you too ask me out, because I was a apparent threat to aoi.” I sigh, holding my sadness back. Sometimes I hate I have emotions, it hurts more than I thought.

He pauses, and obviously registers my discomfort. “Yes, she did. But, as I was learning more, I realised you were just desperate, to feel, you wanted emotions to be like a normal person, and your mother told you how, so you felt like you had to eliminate anyone who dares take your chance away.” He smiles, lifting my head up.