part thirty one - snap

Akane p.o.v

It can't be.

Please..

I stand there, staring at my hands. Only one of us can survive? Why?

I stare at the front gates of the school, were the teacher still stands, waiting. If only she knew that two people are going to die today.

I wipe my face clean, as a arm wraps around mine. I don't move, and neither does kuroko, who is just as scared as me.

I don't know what to do, she means the world to me, and if I died, she's be shattered, but if she dies, I'll be broken.

“Let's go to the sakura.” I suggest, knowing the inevitable. She pauses, but nods anyway, walking with me, to the hill.

Ayanos p.o.v

“What?” Taro blurts, dropping his book for a second.

I sigh, and sit next to him, on the fountain. Why does it hurt so much? I shouldn't care about them? Right?

“One of them are going to die.” I repeat, leaning my face on my hands, as I lean on my legs, feeling completely guilty.

I know she's copying me, and if I wasn't such a fucking idiot, nobody is going to die.

“And there's no way to-” he pauses, placing the book to the side, and standing up. I look up, his face covered by hate?

He's never angry, so why is he so suddenly?

I get up, sorting my uniform out. It's futile to even think of stopping her, mindslaves aren't easy to stop. Or better yet, they don't.

“Where are they?” He asks, still the same, as he turns, and looks at me, now sad?

I pause, thinking it through.

“By the sakura.” A new voice says, making me jolt, and almost fall into the fountain.

I find it being aoi, with info!?

Why is she out of her room!? I keep my shock back, as taro questions it as well. He probably doesn't even know who it is.

Aoi looks away, upset, no, guilty. She thinks it's her fault.

“Let's go.” I say, with confidence. The others jolt, and look at me with confusion.

“I have a idea, I'll tell you as we make it there.” I add, running suddenly. I don't care if they are behind me or not, we need to make it as soon as possible.

Shiromi p.o.v

What.

Why is she going that way?

Confusion hits me, as megami stalks towards the running track? They should be here by now, so where are they?

Unless..

Dammit!

I decide to follow her, making sure I don't get spotted, after all, people are going to question why megami is going there anyway, let alone me following her.

She has one goal, and nobody will stop her.

And so do I.

Akanes p.o.v

The hill.

It's so beautiful.

I stand there, staring at the view, as the sun slowly starts rising, leaving a thin orange layer of tranquility around it.