part twenty nine - new orders

Ayanos p.o.v

This.

Isn't good.

I take a step back, like the rest. We know that akane is unpredictable, in this state, from past experience.

Kuroko glances her way, with no emotions at all, like she's switched formal mode on or something.

Info looks at me, and I don't look back, watching, worried that we'll have to intervene, and by the way that she literally nearly knocked Shiromi out cold, its terrifying.

“Nothing else. I did what was needed.” Kuroko replies, her tone bland and empty, to most, but something is telling me she's nervous.

We remain quiet, knowing if one of us even breathes wrong, its going to cause a dramatic change.

“How do I know that! You've just pulled me around like a fucking puppet!” Akane cries, tears streaming down her face. This isn't any of our forte, so well, we can't do anything.

“I didn't just mess with that. Like I said, it was needed. You and the rest of you left me away, so I could observe others, and shiromi. Knowing I wasn't a threat, caused her to become cocky, thinking she's going something right.” Kuroko replies, still stern, yet hesitant.

Akane looks away, squeezing her eyes shut, probably hating everything she just heard.

“So you used us? For observations! You've probably been doing it for ages! Did you ever actually care!” Akane yells, turning her back to her, shaking, as she tries to keep herself together.

Usually I'd just torture them, but I'm guessing that's not how you do it.

“Yes I do, but everyone's lives are at stake, I need; like you, to put others lives first. It's obvious she's snapped, or at least close to snapping.” Kuroko adds, making all of us jolt back.

She can't be right? Please don't let her be right.

Aoi glances my way, absolutely terrified. I don't look her way, and keep my posture, knowing I'm probably being looked at for reassurance.

Akane stays as is, shaking. Her fists are clenched, which is just even more terrifically worrying.

Kuroko sighs, and takes her glasses off, wiping them, even though they didn't even look grubby.

Info walks to the side of me, shoving her phone to my side, catching my attention. I glance over, curious, as her notes are up, with writing.

The storms gone. The power is coming back. Not a good sign.

I remain calm, yet confused. A problem? Shouldn't having power back mean we can figure what's happening?

Shiromi p.o.v

I'm going to kill her.

I don't care anymore.

I slam my fist against the student council table, its whimper not affecting me in the slightest.

Megami remains the same dead, cold statue, which makes me think..

How was she so easily manipulated?

I sigh, and stand up, glancing at the doors, knowing everyone else is awake, as the constant footsteps signify that.

Ive had it, they caused way to many obstructions, and manipulated senpai to be scared.

I'm not a fucking yandere! What part of that don't they get!

I pause, leaning against the table, staring at doorways. How do I actually kill her?

I could just aim the knife at her neck, and do what ayano would do, but I'm most likely going to be spotted, seeming as their never alone.

I groan in frustration, how do I do this!

Wait.

I get up, a idea appears into my head, as I glance at megami, who stares back, still completely brain-dead.

“Will you obey any order?” I ask, and she nods, like a soldier. “I will do anything at your command.” She replies, dead.

I cringe slightly, but look at her laptop. Walking over, I take the seat, and go straight to the cameras.

Most are still offline, but that's not my concern, I need to access the bugs.

After a few minutes, I finally get to them, and well, its interesting.

I - what do we do now?

Ay - I don't know, megami is a mindslave, and she's snapped.

Aoi - just fucking figure something out! Or I'm just going to kill her myself!

Ay - you now we can't ‘just kill her’! So how about calm the fuck down!

Aoi - I'm sorry, aren't you forgetting one little thing? She's a psycho, and now is hell bent on killing someone!

Ay - and yet you never was hell bent on killing me?

I - remember, she wants us to be at each other's throats, just like the school.

Aoi - I don't care! I wouldn't care if she kills megami! I just want this to end! None of you actually know how it feels knowing you breathe and someone is right next to you, without knowing! How would you react if some psycho is threatening to kill people if you don't love them!?

K - for once, aoi is right, we can't jump to conclusions, neither can we make out that we know how she feels.

Ak - like that's ever stopped anyone…

K - we need to understand who she's actually targeting, and make sure we know how.

Ay - I know..

I - wait..

Connection failed

I blink in confusion, almost smashing the laptop. How do they know where they were?

I hold myself together, although senpai is making it extremely difficult.

No.

No.

No!

I jump up, all emotions break away, as I grab my knife and mask.

I put it on, and turn around, to megami, as I place my gloved hand on the door.

“Follow me, from a distance.” I order, and she nods, stiffly making her way to me.