part three

Mattia Polibio

I was finally going to kiss her. Without the microwave interrupting this time.

The closer I got, the more eager I got. Then... The front door opened. Damn it.

Adeya jumped back, away from me. As we saw her mom walk through the front door.

"Hi mom." Adeya said flustered.

"Hello, who's this?" She said, holding a bag of groceries in her hand.

"I'm Mattia Polibio. I'm a friend of Adeya's from school." I smiled and stood up, offering a hand shake.

She smiled and shook my hand.

"Adeya, sweetie, I have groceries in the car, mind getting them?" She said, heading to the kitchen.

"Yup, of course." Adeya said, grabbing my hand making me follow her outside. She looked at our hands, and quickly moved hers. "Sorry..." She mumbled as we headed to her moms car.

"Trust me, don't be sorry." We each grabbed some of the remaining groceries, me grabbing more so she wouldn't have to carry as much. We carried them into her kitchen.

"I should be going." I checked the time. My mom would be worrying where I was.

"It was nice meeting you Mattia." Adeya's mom smiled at me. She looked a lot like Adeya. The same hair, the same smile.

"You too Mrs. Jones." I shook her hand goodbye.

"Bye Mattia." Adeya smiled walking me to the door.

"I'll see you in school tomorrow." I said, pecking her cheek. She blushed and I headed outside. She waved bye as I headed to the car and then turned.

I think I might actually like Adeya... This whole bet thing isn't going to turn out good.

Adeya

I was still smiling after Mattia left. I walked into the kitchen and my mom raised her eyebrows at me.

"He's just a friend." I said, still not capable of getting the smile off of my face as I sit at the table.

"It didn't seem like it." She said, hinting the little kiss. I covered my face with my hands, not wanting her to see me blushing.

"He seems like a nice boy, a gentlemen."

"Yeah. Sorry I didn't ask you if someone could come over. It sort of happened in the moment." I said as my mom sat across from me.

Me and my mom had a very close relationship. Always talked about this kind of stuff.

"What was that moment?" She laughed.

"He just drove me home and I asked if he wanted to come in and we ended up popping some popcorn and watching a movie."

"I hope I see more of that boy around." My mom said getting up.

"So do I..."

"What do you want for dinner?"

Mattia Polibio

"Dude, she's like one of the coolest girls I know." I said, sitting of the couch in Alejandro's basement.

"So, you like her?" He said looking up from his phone.

"I think so, yeah."

"But you bare-" He began saying, but I cut him off.

"No. Don't even say I barely know her. She's different. Like she's nice but honest, she's innocent but then she's not, she's...she's..." I tried thinking of the word. "She's different than any other girl."