part twenty-one

Adeya

I stared at the calendar on my wall that was above my desk.

3 months.

It's been 3 months since I left.

It's been 3 months since I saw Mattia Polibio.

You know how people say "time heals everything" well, that is complete bullshit.

It's been 3 months and my heart still hurts, my stomach is always in knots and everytime I hear Mattia's name, I get a pounding headache.

I am so in love with that boy and-

"Adeya, sweetie, come down here." My mom's voice cut my thoughts off.

I slowly slumped my way down the stairs, looking like a homeless person.

There was a man, dressed nice, standing besides my mother.

"What's going on..." I asked, my eyebrows furrowing.

"This is Doctor Longdale." My mom said.

"Hello?" I questioned him.

"So you say it's been nearly 3 months since the move?" His voice asked my mother, ignoring me.

"It's been exactly 3 months today." I cut in.

"She doesn't sleep, eat or go outside. She lays in bed and cries all day." My mom said in a worried tone.

"Does she show other signs of depression?" The doctor asked.

"You're kidding right?" I laughed and both adults turned to look at me. "No fucking shit, I'm depressed. I know it, my mom knows it. You're a doctor, you should know it." I rolled my eyes.

"Adeya." My mom said in a sharp voice.

"It's your fault!" I turned to my mom. "Without Mattia, I don't want to be happy. I don't want to smile and get butterflies or do anything unless he is right by my side." I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated.

"I know I should be happy for you that you got a new job promotion but... It's so hard for me to feel again. It gets more harder as the days go by and I don't know what to do anymore." I was crying at this point, but I was not surprised at all.

"I love him mom... You knew that. And you still took that away from me."

I can't remember a day where I haven't cried in over 3 months.

"Adeya. Go up to your room, we will talk about this later." My mom said.

"You've been putting off this conversation for 3 months, I just can't believe you're actually telling the truth this time.."

I walked upstairs and slammed my door, locking it.

I sat on my bed, the only thing I could do was cry.

I stared at the bag in my closet and then at the credit card on the desk.

All I heard in my head was Mattia's name.

I was going to New Jersey. And no one was going to stop me this time.

Mattia Polibio

I stared at the ceiling, laying on my back. As much as I didn't want to think about it, I knew the date.

3 months.

3 months since I have seen Adeya.

3 months since she told me she didn't love me anymore.

I tried so hard to find her. I looked for a month straight.