part twenty seven

Mattia Polibio

It's exactly been 1 year since I last saw Adeya, or even heard from her. I still see her post once in a while, and she seems so happy. But that's how everyone seems like on social media right?

I always get the urge to text her, just to explain what happened. She never let me get the chance. I left her messages a few months ago, but she never wrote me back.

I tried to move on; keyword: tried. It's so hard to get over her. My mom helped me through this and I'm going to therapy now. It helps having someone to talk to since I don't have Alejandro around anymore. I still wonder how things would've been if Adeya and I were still in love.

Or if she was still in love with me.

As I lay in bed, I look over to my desk and see that stupid fucking envelope. I kept it to remember my mistake. Who knew one picture could ruin your whole life? I got up, walked to my desk and picked up the envelope. I opened it and looked inside and it still broke me every time.

It was an ultrasound.. Lauren's ultrasound. I don't even remember having sex with her. I would never want to touch her again. Everything is such a blur.

I took out Adeya's necklace from my sock drawer. I held it close to my chest and fell onto my bed, crying. Every single fucking day it hurts not having her by my side. I'm so lost without her.

Adeya

Today is me and Alejandro's 1 year anniversary. I know, it's crazy. I just feel so happy. I feel like I finally found my place. Alejandro helps me with so much, he's the best boyfriend and friend all in one.

He is someone you always feel comfortable around, I could be myself around him. He loves me even if I'm such a mess. He reminds me everyday that I'm beautiful and reassured me that he's always going to be there for me.

I haven't felt this happy in so long. I pray about him to God and I'm so happy that things turned out okay for me... for us.

Mattia Polibio

I was on my phone to pass time, waiting for my mom to take me to practice. When I heard the door downstairs open.

"Mija! I haven't seen you in so long! How are you?" I heard my mom say, excitedly.

Adeya. Was Adeya here? That was my first thought. My heart began to race. I'm not ready to see her. I think won't ever be ready to see her again.

I looked out the window and saw an unfamiliar car. Maybe she got a new one. Okay, stop rambling. Hide.

"Mattia! Come down! You have a visitor!"

Fuck it. I'm going downstairs.

I walked to the top the stairs in my soccer jersey and took a deep breath.

I walked downstairs, only to see a girl with dirty blonde hair. Her back was facing me so I couldn't tell who it was.

"A..Adeya?" I felt my throat hurt. I choked up.

The girl turned around and it was someone who I never wanted to be associated with.

"No silly, Lauren. Did you forget already?" She giggled. I hated hearing her laugh. I fucking hate her.

"You're still alive?" I shook my head, laughing.

"Get the fuck out lowlife. " I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's so good to see you too Mattia! I missed you, so how's Adeya?" She smirked.

"Mattia! Don't be rude to our guest, come sit I made lunch." My mom was always so nice, I just wish she wasn't nice to her.