part twenty eight

Mattia Polibio

I missed practice today because I didn't wanna get out of my room. I took a nap around 7PM and woke up around 2AM.

I checked my phone and got a notification from a random number, but I cleared it.

My number got leaked a few nights ago and I keep getting stupid messages from random people. It's so stupid.

I was thinking about messaging Adeya again.

She moved back to New Jersey so she could graduate here. And she's been living on her own ever since.

As I was scrolling through instagram, I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

Alejandro posted a picture of him and Adeya. With the caption:

"happy big 1 mi vida. you're the best thing to happen to me. i love you unconditionally <3"

They're fucking dating? No fucking way. This has got to be a joke. He'd really do that shit to me? And I had to find out through social media?

It's okay. It's okay. She deserves to be happy, even if it's not with me.

I shuffled my playlist on Apple Music and the first song that came on was Circles by Post Malone.

This song brings me back to the first time I dropped Adeya home. She was singing her heart out to this song. That's when I knew I fell for her.

I went to my photos and looked through our pictures together. I still never got around to deleting them because well, they mean a lot to me.

I just miss her so much. It's crazy.

It was currently 3AM and I found myself driving to Adeya's house. It was the same house she lived in when we were in high school.

What the fuck am I doing? She doesn't want to see me. I know that for a fact. I should just turn around and go home.

Nevermind, I made it this far.

I pulled into her driveway and sat there for a good 5 minutes. Thinking about what I'd say, what I'd do, what would happen if I start crying.

I heard a knock on the passenger window, it was Adeya.

"Open the door." She said while pointing at the lock.

I held my breath and unlocked the door.

She sat inside and just looked at the ground.

"What are you doing here Mattia? I haven't seen you or heard from you in what? A year? And this is how you show up? You come to my house at 3 in the morning, remind you, and just sit there?" She said while placing her palm on her forehead.

"Adeya, I just needed to see you. Everything just reminds me of you. I'm sorry to show up like this, I just found myself driving to your house. When I found out you were back in New Jersey, I freaked out."

"You had no right to come here, you didn't even text me back. I'm happy now Mattia. You shouldn't be here." She turned in her seat to face me.

"Wait. Text you back? I've texted you multiple times and you never answered. So don't bring that up right now. Don't try to make me feel a different way, it's practical." I felt myself getting angry but I had to calm down.

We made eye contact and her stare just sent chills down my spine. She was so beautiful.

Adeya

I was awoken by the sound of a car pulling into my driveway. I looked at the time, 3AM. What in the fucking psychopath? I peeked outside and saw.....Mattia? No way.

The fuck is he doing here? I rushed downstairs and went to his car. I knocked on the window for him to let me in.

We both just sat there and I finally got the courage to talk.

I knew he wasn't listening, I had my hands in my face but I felt his stare on me. That feeling was something I couldn't explain.

God, just looking at him made me feel weak. He's so attractive. I can't get over the way he looked at me. But I have to get over it.

I told him he shouldn't have come here but he kept rambling on about how we left things.

"Adeya, you need to let me explain. I never cheated on you. I know you want to believe that I did but I didn't. I swear on my life. You meant so much to me, I mean you still do but-"

"Mattia, you don't know how hurt I was. Not being with you was something I never imagined could happen. I thought I'd never be okay again, but Alejandro turned things around for me. He was there for me, he cared for me. And you never checked up on me."

"You don't know how hard I tried. I texted you every single day for the past 6 months. I needed to be with you, I had to explain myself. You just never gave me the chance!"

"Well. I'm here now. Explain." I crossed my arms and looked at him dead in the eyes.

Mattia Polibio

"Okay." I took a deep breath. Trying to gather all my thoughts.

"So, we had a show in Ohio, we performed and everything. When we got to the meet and greet, Lauren was there. The boys didn't see her but I saw her. She pulled me aside and asked if we could get a bite to catch up on things.

I refused but she told me that she only had 6 months to live and of course I felt bad for her. I had to do something. So we went to eat at McDonald's. Nothing fancy considering I didn't want to even be there with her.

All I could talk about was you, Adeya. You were my biggest flex and I talked about you at every show. Everyone I met, they knew about you. I was so happy that you were my girlfriend." I started to tear up at this point, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"But Lauren kept trying to come onto me and I felt uncomfortable so I pretended to get a text from my mom telling me to go home. I got up from the booth and Lauren pushed herself onto me.

She offered to drop me home since I walked to the restaurant. I agreed and it was so dumb of me to accept, I get that now. When we got into her car, she offered me a drink. I drank it and... I um.. don't remember anything after that.

It's crazy for you to believe that it's mine. I only ever been with you, Adeya. I told the rest of the boys besides Alejandro because I know he would've hated me. But what really fucked me up was, yesterday she showed up at my house. I thought it was you because my mom was never that nice to any other girl.

And here I am. Sitting in my car with you, talking about how I lost you, at three in the morning." I took a deep long sigh and I felt Adeya's cold hand on my arm.

"Oh Mattia, I'm honestly really sorry I didn't hear you our at first. But maybe things just weren't meant to work out. It's all my fault." She said while pouting.

"No it's not, I never should have went with her. I just wish you and I were still together. I know I should be happy for you, and I am. But I miss you so much. Every single day I feel like shit knowing I let you go. I still love you and I wa-"

I was cut off by Adeya's lips pressed against mine.

————
one more chapter for u seckseas
because i feel nice today <3 also i have writers block 😔🖐🏽