part eighteen

Adeya

Alvaro brought me to bed that night at his house.. I was too drunk and a mess to go home. Besides, he was home alone so no one would know I was tipsy.

"I'll figure this out A.. Don't worry." He rubbed my back and comforted me as I cried on his shoulder. He went to go get me some water and I dialed Mattia's number for the millionth time.

It was turned off... Ignoring my call. I left him a voicemail.

I had texted him 39 times
Called him 68 times
Left 46 voicemails.
Still, he ignored me.

"M-Ma-Mattia.. It's me.. Again. Please tell me what I did." I cried out. "I-I don't know whats going on. Please, call me back."

These voicemails went on for the next day. Until it was finally Monday.

I don't know the exact number of calls but the exact number of texts was 103 and I called more than I texted.

Alvaro picked me up Monday morning, me and him were bonding a lot yesterday. He helped a little.

As I got ready for school, it felt just like it had when I found out about the bet. I didn't care. I threw on shorts and a black shirt. My hair was in a messy braid and I only wore concealer (to cover my red and puffy face) and mascara.

I played with my thumbs as Alvaro and I drove in silence.

"D-Do you think he is going to be there?" I choked out.

"He has so many absences, I don't think he has a choice..." He glanced over at me.

I held my breath as I walked into school, all eyes on me. Word gets around pretty quickly. I walked with my head down to my locker. Once again, I saw that crumbled up piece of paper. I sighed and picked it up, opening it up.

Reason 94 on why I am sorry; "I love you.. So damn much. No matter what happens, I will love you unconditionally."

I traced the letters with my finger and noticed two tear marks. One was from long before, it was Mattia's.. The second was recently.. It was mine.

I slide it in my purse, in the front pocket. I headed to find Mattia's locker.

I saw him there, his muscles were flexed as he grabbed his book out. He wore a tank top and I could see a vain popping out.

I walked over, he noticed my presence.

He slammed his locker and turned, walking away from me.

"M-Mattia!" My voice was weak as I followed him.

"I have nothing to say to you." He skipped down the steps.

"You need to tell me what I did!" My voice cracked as I walked faster to catch up to him.

"You're not as sneaky as you think Adeya." He glared at me and walked into his class.

"You can't just dump me over text and not tell what I did wrong!" I shouted, causing his classmantes to go quiet and stare at me. He sat at his table.

"That's my choice." He looked up with me and I don't know what it was but his eyes were different.

They weren't the eyes that twinkled when they saw me or the happy ones that had creases in the corner because he was smiling so much. They were dark,and bloodshot.

They were filled with anger.

"Mattia, please." I begged.

"Ms. Jones, I don't see you until last period.. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."