part nineteen

pls feel free to listen to this song while reading, it adds more emotion!)

Adeya

I look across the candle lit table at my boyfriend. I couldn't take my eyes off him. How did I get lucky enough for him to be all mine? He held my hand tightly.

It's been 6 months. This day, 6 months ago he asked me out. And I said yes.

6 months full of love.
6 months full of heartache.

We belonged together. I knew that and he knew that. I couldn't imagine spending my time with anyone else besides him. He was my one true love.

I have only known him for 7 months, and only dated him for 6, but this love was special. No matter how much shit we went through, we always came back to each other.

"Adeya." Mattia said shaking his hand infront of my face.

I snapped out of it. I was in my own little world and spaced out.

"Sorry, just thinking" I smiled.

"Dessert?" He asked, with a big smile. His eyes squinted everytime he smiled like that.

"I don't know, should we?" I leaned back on the booth and taking the napkin off my black dress.

"I think the chocolate lava cake looks good." Mattia smirked at me. "Come on, you know you want it"

"I really really want it." I said as the waitress came over and we each ordered a chocolate lava cake.

"I got you something." Mattia said as soon as our cakes arrived.

I took a bit and immediately felt like I was tasting heaven. "This is so good, try it" I said, ignoring his comment for a minute.

He bit into it and let out a moan. "This is so good" he said closing his eyes, letting the taste fully absorb into his taste buds.

"Alright, alright. As I was a sting before.... I got you something" he smiled at me.

"Mattia... This dinner is enough, I don't need you spending money on me."

"It wasn't that much money. Actually, it's hardly any money."

"What is it?"

"A song." He said, he seemed nervous that I wouldn't like it.

"You wrote me a song?" I said looking at him wide eyed. Mattia has done many cute things for me, but I think this may be the cutest.

"I can't play it for you now, but me and Kairi have been working on something."

I leaned over the table and pecked his lips.

"I love you." I mumbled before pecking his lips again.

"I love you too."

On the drive home, I turned on the radio. Rather Be by H.E.R started to play.

"This is my song to you baby" I smiled looking at Mattia.

"I don't know this song. Sing it to me" He laughed

"Your music taste must suck then." I glared at him jokingly

The chorus came on and I sang my heart out.
"Show me how you feel let me know it's real tonight. Theres no where I'd RATHER BE THAN HERE WITH YOUUUU!" I was holding my phone as a microphone, singing to the boy next to me.

"That was cute. My song will be better."

"You're giving me high hopes sir."

He looked at me and smiled.
Oh how I loved that smile.