part four

Mattia Polibio

I made sure I was the first one to my study period, as I waited for her to come. I was not looking forward to this period. The good thing about it was I was in class with Adeya. The bag thing about it was that I was in class with Adeya.

I was nervous for this period since this morning. I was going to ask her to sit with me and the boys. You know, see if they like her, see if she likes them. Like if any of us date someone, it has to be approved by the others.

One by one the boys flooded in the room and sat at our big round table. Alejandro looked at me, knowing that I was thinking about inviting her over. He nodded at me, saying I should do it. Me and Alejandro were like the same person. We always thought the same thing.

Adeya strolled in, obliviously looking around the room holding her binder close to her chest. I stood up and headed her way.

When her eyes met mine, she gave me a big smile.

"Come sit with me and meet my friends." I said grabbing her hand. She nodded, but then looked at our hands. That made me very self conscious about my choice to grab her hand. Our hands left each others as we walked towards the table.

I pulled out the chair for her. She looked at me with a goofy smile. "Why thank you." She joked, sitting in the chair. Oh god, why did I pull the chair out for her. It's a cheap school chair in a study hall. Oh god.

"Hi, I'm Adeya." She immediatley said. Smiling at the boys and Alvaro sitting infront of her. Out of all the girls the boys have brought to the table, she was by far the least shy, and the most beautiful.

"This is Kairi, Taylor, Alejandro, Roshaun, Alvaro, Pinto, and Robert " I introduced everyone.

"Oh, I know the asshole, oh wait, Pinto." She furrowed her eyesbrows at him and he entertainingly leaned forward onto his elbows with a smug look on his face.

"You guys know each other?" Roshaun asked.

"Yeah, he's the little shit who thought it would be a good idea to put his hand up my skirt when I was walking." The boys all turned to him giving him the 'wtf dude' look.

Adeya continued. "But, I mean, I had to feel bad for him.. I think it's the closest he's gotten to a girl in a while." She joked around.

All of the boys 'oooooh'ed and howled with laughter. Pinto upt his hands up in surrender.

"Watch out for this one. She's got a killer punch." He pointed at Adeya and she shrugged her shoulders in a cocky way.

My eyes met Roshaun's and he motioned his eyes towards Adeya and then nodded his head in approval. One down, six to go.

Adeya

"She's got a killer punch." Pinto said, I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Woah Pinto, lay off, we all know Mattia likes her." Kairi said.

Everyone turned to Mattia, including myself. He stared at Kairi wide eyed, ready to kill him.

"Huh? Is that right Mattia?" I felt my cheeks redden a little.

"We'll talk at lunch." He bit his lip looking at me. I nodded my head, turned my attention back to the boys who were staring at us.

"Just date already." Kairi said, rolling his eyes sitting back in his chair.

"Yeah, like seriously." Robert added.

"You clearly both like each other." Pinto said. Alvaro leaned over and elbowed him in the side. "Ow! What?" He said, looking at her. Alvaro leaned in and whispered something to Pinto. He then turned and whispered it to Kairi and Robert. And soon enough, everyone at the table knew, except me.

"Don't worry about it." Mattia whispered in my ear.

I nodded, shaking it off. From under the table, I felt Mattia's hand touch the inside of my thigh. He just rested his hand on my leg. I acted like nothing happened, but his touch sent chills all through my body. I bite my lip, staring at the table. I felt someones eyes on me, I looked up, seeing Alejandro staring at me. I got a little flustered and didn't know what to say.

"So, Adeya, how do you like school so far?" Robert asked, getting away from the conversation.

"Uhh, it's alright. One of the better schools i've been too."

"Do you change schools a lot?" Roshaun jumped into the conversation.

"Third time i've switched schools this year. In my life i've been to over 15 different schools"

"Why?" Alvaro asked, he had a little accent that was different that the other boys.

"I keep getting suspended for fighting." I lied, but made it believably. The boys stared at me, jaw dropped. They believed me.

"No, I'm kidding. My mom moves a lot due to her work. But she says we're staying here for good."

"I wouldn't be surpised if it was the fighting. You nailed me pretty hard." Pinto said.

"I was kinda scared you were telling the truth." Taylor laughed.

"You seem too nice to do that." Alejandro said.

"Yeah, I'm just that innocent girl who is an angel." I made a big wide fake smile.

Right then, the bell rang. I scrambled and picked up my stuff.

"It was so nice meeting you guys!" I said to the table of kids.

"Bye" "Nice to meet you too." They all said things along those lines.

Mattia leaned in and whispered in my ear. "I'll walk you to class."

I don't know why but feeling his hot breath against my ear sent chills across my body. He made me speechless and I've never done anything like this.

He walked by my side, hanging his arm around my shoulder.

"Your friends are nice." I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, they're alright." He laughed.

"I was kind of nervous meeting them for some reason."

"Well of course, you wanna impress me by getting along with my friends." Mattia joked.

"Oh of course." I laughed.

We stood infront of my class. I looked up at him before wrapping my arms tightly around his waist. It took him a minute but he hugged me back. My head was in his chest in a protective way and his big arms held me tight. I pulled away, sliding my hand against his abs.

"I'll see you at lunch." I smiled, heading into my class.

I turned around and saw Mattia smiling at me.

Mattia Polibio

Have you ever just looked at someone and instantly got happy? Well, that's the feeling I get when I see Adeya. I don't know what it is, but theres something about her.

When she hugged me, I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I headed to my class with only one thing on my mind. What was going to happen at lunch with Adeya.

I took my seat next to Alejandro.

"I like her man.. She seems like the perfect girl for you." He said, leaning back in his chair.

"I really like her.. Which is weird because I just met her a few days ago.."

"You still gotta go through with the bet."

Those words killed me. The bet. I had completley forgotten about it. Oh no. Adeya.. If she found out she would hate me. She would never want to talk to me again.

I tried my hardest not to think about the bet and just to focus on the lunch. i hardly paid attention to my teacher because i was too nervous. Soon enough the bell rang and we headed out for lunch.

i hurried down the halls, and out the doors as I headed to the area. I stopped at my car and grabbed the basket and blanket. I laid the blanket down, making sure I got everything done before she came.
———
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote because I don't wanna keep this story up if no one appreciates it haha. Don't forget to comment or leave suggestions!! Anyways, thank you for reading!