part twenty nine

Adeya

Mattia kept rambling on about how bad he missed me and how much he loves me. Honestly, it made me feel so good. I missed him too. And hearing him feel the same way was so satisfying.

I pulled his shirt and kissed him.

I felt him smile in between the kiss. Feeling his lips sync with mine, after not seeing him for so long, it felt so right. But it wasn't. I know this is the wrong thing to do, I shouldn't be doing this.

I pulled away quickly.

"I'm sorry.. I don't know why I did that." I wiped my lips with my hoodie sleeve.

"Don't be sorry, you're right. I shouldn't have come here. You're with Alejandro, I need to respect that." Mattia turned in his seat to face the steering wheel.

"Mattia..I-"

"I should leave now. You should leave too." He said while connecting his phone to the radio.

"What I didn't want to?" I looked at the ground.

"You have to. I'm sorry. This can't happen, I don't want you to cheat on my best.. I don't want you to cheat on Alejandro." He seemed so calm but I saw his eyes fill with sadness and hurt.

"Fuck okay I'm sorry. Keep in touch okay? It was good to see you Mattia." He mumbled something that I couldn't make out. I got out of his car and he drove off fast.

I went inside my house and started to cry on the floor. I don't know why I was crying. I just held in a lot of things for so long.

I didn't know what to do so I texted Alejandro.

ale, i know it's super early
and you're probably sleeping
but when you wake up, could
you come over? we need to talk.
tuesday 5:27 am

lover boy <3
i'm awake mi amor, i'll
be there in a few. i hope
everything's okay. see you
soon love.
tuesday 5:30 am

I set my phone down on the coffee table and crawled into a ball on the couch. I put on rick and morty for background noise and thought about what I just did.

How do I tell Alejandro that his ex best friend, who I'm in love with, wait, who I used to be in love with, came to my house and I kissed him?

I can't tell him. It'll crush him.

I picked up my phone to text Alejandro when I heard a car outside.

He's here already? That was fast. I'm not ready for this conversation. I'm going to ruin everything for myself, again.

I heard a knock on the door and I slowly walked to the door and opened it.

"Mattia? What are you—"

"Tell me. Tell me that kiss meant nothing to you. Look at me in the eyes and tell me that you didn't feel anything."

"Alejandro is going to be here, you need to leave." I said while trying to close the door on him.

"I need to know if you felt something or not." He said while holding the door open.

"I didn't feel anything at all. Now leave Mattia. Like you agreed, you shouldn't be here." I forced the door shut and I heard his car door slam hard. It seemed like he was going to break his window.