part fourteen

Adeya

I've been thinking for days about what to do with my feelings for Mattia. It grew stronger every time I heard his name or saw his face. I'm going crazy. It's hard to sleep without getting a goodnight text from him. I have to move on but I can't.

My heart belongs to Mattia Polibio.

I know it may seem as if this relationship is toxic and that I am a "clown", but I love this dude. I can't picture myself being with anyone else. He is my best friend and hopefully my happy ending. I want to wake up next to him in the morning to his messy hair and stinky breath. I want that "come over" to turn into "come home" love.

It was 2 in the morning and I was laying in bed, wide awake and with the biggest smile on my face. With only two things on my mind... Mattia and romance movies.

Mattia is always on my mind, I always plan our future together like it's not a big deal. But, I know he's probably searching up how to throw up gang signs or playing FIFA.

Anyways, I, being the typical girl, love watching romance movies. The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, Dear John, Endless Love, The Last Song, The Fault In Our Stars, and so much more.

Whenever I would watch those movies I would always use one tissue after another. I remember wondering. "How could someone love someone that much?" or "What is it like to be that in love?" or even "Is this kind of love only in movies?"

My kind of love with Mattia Polibio feels nothing like the one in the movies. My love is bigger than that. Love like that is not just in movies or books. It comes when it's least expected.

Mattia came up to me by hitting on me, and showing up as this player. I never in my life would have known I would be this in love with him. You don't need to live up to expectations that these movies or books put out there.

Love is love and there is no specific kind. All of those movies were so different from another but yet the love was the same. It doesn't matter how you find it. It comes in it's own shape or form.

When I first moved to New Jersey, I wasn't looking for happiness. I never intended to fall in love with anyone, especially Mattia. I was just looking for less pain. But he brought so much love into my soul.

I never realized how strong my love is until I was heartbroken. Sometimes it takes a little bit of pain to be happy.

I'm trying to compare my love as a feeling, but I can't. It's indescribable. Just hearing his name makes me smile.

Mattia.

My thoughts were inturupted by my phone buzzing. It was now 2:34, who would be calling now. Mattia's name popped onto my lockscreen and I smiled as I answered.

"What are you doing up?" I half laughed.

"Come outside.. Bring a hoodie." Mattia's voice rung through my ear and then the line went dead.

I quickly got up, checking my window. To see Mattia  leaning against his car in the driveway. I smiled and quickly slide on a pair of sweatpants and throwing my hair into a messy ponytail.

I grabbed a hoodie and my keys and phone. I sneakily got out of the house, being careful not to wake my mom up.

Yes, I would consider this sneaking out. But hey, I'm young and dumb.

"What are you doing?" I laughed as I placed my hands on Mattia's ribs, leaning up to peck him.

"We're going to have a little fun." He smiled and opened the door for me. I laughed to myself as he rushed over and got in the drivers seat.

"What kind of fun?"

"It's a suprise." He laughed. I should have expected this. Mattia loves to suprise me.

He held my hand as he drove, we played out music way to loud and were screaming the lyrics. Finally, we pulled up to McDonalds.

"You get whatever you want from the dollar menu." He laughed as we got out, holding hands as we walked in.

I sat there with my cheeseburger and french fries while Mattia was eating 3 times as much as I had.

"I was hungry." He said.

"I can tell."

When we finsihed eating he got back in line and got us both a chocolate dipped ice cream cone.

"Thank you very much."

"You're welcome." He said.

We ate our ice cream while driving to another suprise. We pulled up to the lake.

By this time, our ice creams were long gone. And we got out, feeling the cool air hit our faces.

"Up for a swim?" Mattia said, removing his shirt. Gosh, I will never get tired of seeing that body.

"I-I didn't bring my bathing suit."

"Yeah, neither did I." He said dropping his pants.

"You're wild." I laughed as I stripped down.

No, we weren't completly naked. He had his boxers on while I had my bra and underwear.

"Jump in!" Mattia said from the water as I stood on the dock.

"It's freezing!" I said, touching my toe into the water.

"Not if you jump in." He laughed. "Come on! Stop being such a baby."

I took a deep breath and threw my body into the water. I floated up to the surface to see Mattia right in front of me. I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his chest as I pushed him under the water. When he came up he looked at me.

"You're really hot when you're trying to drown me." He winked and I laughed.

"Oh god, I love you." I mumbled, not even realizing it at first,

"What?" Mattia said.

"Oh nothing." I floated on my back.

Mattia came up to me and pecked my lips.

"Alright.. Oh and I love you too."

This was more than those romantic movies. This was reality. And it was happening to me.

This was my love story. And I love it.

——————
I'm trying to upload as much as I can since I won't have my phone on me. #wegrounded. Anyways Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote 😳🖐🏽💛