part ten

Adeya

I couldn't wait to see Mattia, so as I walked into study hall, I had the biggest smile as I searched for him. I saw him and all the boys laughing and joking around. I walked behind him to suprise him with a kiss on the cheek.

As I got closer, I began hearing what the boys were talking about. Mattia was sitting back with a big smirk on his face.

"But, I want to keep it a secret. Adeya can't know about the bet."

My big smile instantly fell. The boys noticed my presence.

"What bet?" I said.

Mattia panickly turned around. His eyes widening when he saw me. He jumped out of his chair.

"Adeya!" He said. "How was your morning." He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek, pretending as if nothing happened. In a rough movement, I yanked his arms off of me, pushing him away.

"What bet?" I repeated, my voice getting stronger.

"Can we talk about this later?" He whispered, taking a glimpse back at his friends.

"WHAT BET?!" I screamed, my voice scared me a little bit. I had never been so mad and annoyed in my life, or so I thought.

The entire room went silent and I felt our other classmates staring at us. Mattia ignored eye contact, he was staring at the ground.

"Tell her..." I heard Alejandro say from behind us. "She needs to know." Normally, I would thank him for agreeing with me, but not now. Right now, my focus was on Mattia. Nothing in the room mattered.

"Come here." Mattia took my hand, bringing me to the corner of the room.

"Mattia. What's going on?"

"There was a bet..." Was all he said at first.

"What was the bet?" My voice was meaner than it ever had been before.

"The bet was.." He took a deep breath. "If I could get you to have sex with me in one month, I won."

In that moment, I had never felt more shittier in my life. I felt my world crash down. My chest tightened up and I felt like I couldn't breath. I felt my eyes flood with tears and my body began shaking. I felt like I was going to throw up.

My breathing was heavy but I felt like I was gasping for breath. I felt destroyed. Was this what it was like being heartbroken?

"It was all a fucking bet?" I screamed at him. "What? Did you get five bucks for sleeping with me? Well, if that's the case, you might want to get a little more than that.. You also made me fall in love with you, what a bonus." I pushed him back, sending his back against the wall. It didn't seem to affect him physically.

"It's not like that.. It was before I-" He began explaining but I cut him off.

"Before you knew me? Is that it? Don't say that bullshit to me." My face was covered in tears and it was all red.

"I am so in love with you Adeya."

"Don't!" I screamed louder than before. "That's a lie. I'm just some fucking bet, you don't love me. Damn, I was so stupid for falling for you, for trusting you. You're a mistake Mattia Polibio. A desperate waste of my time. And to sum things up... Go fuck yourself."

I turned on my heel but only to feel Mattia's hands that I was so familiar with. He grabbed me by my arms, turning me. He was much bigger and stronger than me, so I had no was of getting out of his strong grip. He wasn't hurting me.. Physically. anyways. Mentally, I was so fucked up.