part thirty one

Alejandro Rosario

The look on Adeya's face was something that would haunt me forever. I knew this was going to happen, but I didn't expect it to go this way.

"Adeya.. say something, I'm really sorry." I said while trying to grab her hands, she pulled away, still in shock.

"It- it took you one... One. Whole. Year." I could tell she didn't know what to say, and I didn't blame her.

"You..you guys planned this?" She said without even looking at me in the eyes.

"Adeya, I was so scared to tell you."

"Why..?" I saw her eyes fill with tears.

"Because of the way you're looking at me right now."

"How? How am I..?" A single tear rolled down her cheek.

"You look terrified, and it breaks my heart." I tried to hug her but she pulled away.

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts, preparing what I was about to say to her. The words that'll ruin everything we built.

"We thought it was a good plan at first. She found out she was pregnant and we knew it was mine, she came to the show and went with Mattia. We thought it would bring them together if he found out he was a father, but it's clear he only wants you. " I looked at Adeya who was already soaking wet in her tears. The last time I saw her cry this hard was, well, was when she was with Mattia.

"I'm sorry I made you fall in love with me. I'm sorry to cause you this pain. I feel like such a fucking dick. I should have never done this." I placed my head into my hands.

"I have nothing to say to you right now Alejandro, please just leave." Adeya said in a really soft voice, there were so many cracks in her voice I felt my heart break every time.

"Adeya.."

"please..just go." She got up from the couch and started to walk upstairs.

"I love you. I really do Adeya, I'm truly sorry."

"No you don't." She stopped in her tracks, looking at me, the redness in her eyes sent shivers through my body.

"If you actually love me like you say you do, you wouldn't have done the same shit Mattia did. And I thought you knew better. I guess I was wrong."

"Mattia was way worse. He-"

"No. You know you're worse. And don't deny that. You pretended to love me because you're selfish. You can leave now. I really don't want to hear what you have to say anymore Alejandro." She cut me off and as she said my name, I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

As I walked outside and wiped every tear that was coming out of my eye, I pulled out my phone to call Kairi and Alvaro. I was too fucked up to drive myself home.

Adeya

The smell of Alejandro still lingered in my home. I don't even know if I could call it home anymore, I just don't feel at ease anywhere.

I just sat in my dark room, being cold and alone. I can not go back to Alejandro.

After an hour of debating, I decided to call Mattia. I feel so bad for stringing him along. I know he wouldn't want to be with me after everything that happened, but I want to be his friend. I need someone like him right now.

I dialed his number and he answered right away.

"Hey Mattia, I just needed someone to talk to and I really didn't know who to call."

"Hey, it's so good to hear your voice again. Is everything alright?"

"No. Alejandro and I just broke up, he told me everything about Lauren and I just..."

"I'm sorry Mattia, I shouldn't bother you with this. I know you don't give a shit, I'm sorry."

"No, I'll come over. You're too fragile and not in the right mind to be alone right now. Don't do anything stupid. I'll see you."

And he hung up.

He was the only person who knew me inside and out. I felt like Alejandro was my best friend but I know that he didn't even know my middle name. It was all puppy love. But Mattia was someone who I knew I could turn to in time of need. Especially if I am crying over his ex best friend.

Mattia Polibio

Before I arrived at Adeya's house, I stopped by Alejandro's house. I promised Adeya's mom I'd always take care of Adeya. And since Alejandro didn't do his part, I was going to take care of him.

I got to his house and knocked on the door. Alejandro answered and his eyes widened.

"Mattia.. what the fuck? What are you doing here? Go home." He said as he was going to close the door

I slammed it open with my hand.

"I know you fucking hurt Adeya." I clenched my fists and jaw.

"And it concerns you because?"

"I know you're better than this Alex. You're the reason why my relationship with her went to shit. That's why it concerns me, fucking asshole."

"I already explained it to her, I don't need to explain it to you. She's not even your girlfriend, fuck off Mattia. She still loves me." He smirked.

I punched his jaw so hard he fell to the ground. My hand hurt like a bitch. But I winced, shook it off and got into my car.

I drove to Adeya's house and she was sitting down in front of her front door. I got out of the car and sat down next to her, I put my arm around her and she just started to cry.

I genuinely hated seeing her like this, no matter who caused it, she doesn't deserve to be in this kind of pain. I missed her being the bubbly, loving, caring Adeya. Now she's just drained.

About 2 minutes later, she looked up at me and cracked a little smile.

"Thank you for being here for me, you're a really good person. I love you Mattia."

"Love? Me?" I removed my hand from her shoulder as my eyes widened.

"I will never not love you." She said as she wiped her eyes.

"I love you. But we can't do this again Adeya. It's not right." I shook my head.

"I never saw myself moving on in life without you, but when you decided to not side with me, I knew the best thing for me was to move on without you. Starting over was really hard to do, because starting over was without you. I took a break from social media for almost a year, when I got back on and saw that you and Alejandro were together it just motivated me to try harder for myself. And I've come a long way. I realized that we both deserve better than this.

"I know I hurt you Mattia, I know there's nothing I can say that'll make it all better. But I just want you to know that I'll wait for you. No matter how long it takes. I want to be with you. It's you. And it's always been you." She said, looking at me in the eyes.

And I know I fell in love again. She had such a powerful stare, it made me feel warm. The little constellation of freckles on her cheeks were better to look at than any night under the stars. I have never been so in love with someone before. I do want her in my life and I do want her in my future.

But do I really need her in my life?
Am I better off without her?

!author's notes!
i know this chapter sucked, ive been writing this over and over for so many days. im still having writers block n i cry HAHA but thank you for still reading 😣👍🏽 ALSO TYSM FOR 80K REAdS ITS SO FRKN CRAZY WHAT