part nine

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2k READS 🥺
it makes me really happy that people actually read and enjoy this story! again thank you so much, it's not a lot to others but to me it's a lot. my heart is full!!
haha okay continue reading! thank you

Adeya

I woke up the next morning with the biggest smile on my face. All I could think about was last night. Mattia loved me. And I loved him.

I have known Mattia for less than a month and I already had more feelings than I did when I was with Jeff.... Jeff.

His name hurt when I thought of it. I felt my heart ache just saying his name. Honestly, up until last night, I wasn't sure if Mattia or Jeff were 'the one.' But know, I know Mattia is the one I love. I'm so sorry Jeff.

I dialed Mattia's number in a heart beat and he picked up on the fourth ring. His raspy morning voice rang into my ear.

"Goodmorning Adeya." He said.

"When is the soonest you can get here?" I said, starting to choke up.

"20 minutes. What's wrong?" He said, I could hear the worry in his voice.

"No baby, don't worry about it. I just want to talk and open up something to you."

"I'll be there in 10." He said before hanging up.

I was going to do this. I was going to talk about Jeff Richards. My Jeff Richards. I was pacing back and forth when my bedroom door opened. There I saw Mattia Polibio. My Mattia Polibio.

"Adeya, what's wrong?" He said, noticing how pale my face was.

I pecked his lips. "Nothing. I just, I love you Mattia."

"I love you too." He said, sitting on my bed, I sat next to him. He pulled a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Ok well. You're kinda that only person who I can actually talk to, and I think talking about this will be good for me.. I can't even talk about this with my mom." I half laughed at how dramatic I was being. But.. I had a reason to be.

"You can tell me anything." He still had that worried look on his face.

"It has nothing to do with you, but I just need to talk about it. Get some closure." I bite my lip.

"I'm all ears." He said, giving me a half smile.

"Okay, well. Before you, I only had one serious boyfriend. His name was Jeff Richards." I paused, saying his name out loud was ten times worse than thinking it. "We dated for a while, almost a year. And god, he loved me. He loved me just as much as you did. But, I needed to move. I was living at Florida at the time, and we were moving to Washington. A big big difference.

So, I broke up with him. Both me and him were heartbroken. I didn't talk to a good week. But, he was worse than I was. He would hardly eat, sleep, speak. Nothing. So, about three weeks after we broke up, I moved.

He met me at the airport. We were both in tears in the middle on the lobby." I had to pause, to take a deep breath. "He said how he loved me and I said I loved him too. But, things just wouldn't work out. He agreed to that. And then I left."

Mattia furrowed his eyebrows at me, wanting to know what the big deal was about this stupid story. "What happened?" He said, obviously knowing something happened.

"Well, I remember it like it was yesterday. I was finishing unpacking. I had been in Washington for almost two weeks. I got a phone call. It was his contact name. But it wasn't him." I paused as my eyes began watering. I was suprised I hadn't started crying sooner. Mattia placed his hand on mine and suddenly, I had the strength to go on.