part twenty-two

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 40K READS!💛 I'm so grateful 🥺 y'all are the best!

Mattia Polibio

"Mattia." Adeya said as she turned around, not breaking eye contact.

Oh how I missed looking at her beautiful eyes. I missed hearing her voice. I missed everything about her.

"Adeya." I stared at her while she stared back at me. There was something different about her, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I watched her as she quickly stood up. We stood, staring at each other, 5 feet away from each other.

"I'm so sorry." She mumbled and jumped into my arms. Her arms wrapped around my neck tightly as she swung her legs up around my waist. I held her tighter than ever before. She was back in my arms. And I never wanted her to leave.

I took a deep breath, immediately inhaling her smell. Her hair smelled like a fruity waterfall and her clothes smelled like laundry detergent. I could tell she wasn't wearing perfume, because the only one she owned was a Chanel one. And I.. I couldn't smell it on her.

"Never leave me again." I mumbled into her shoulder.

"Never." Her voice was shaky as she held onto me.

She pulled away, but still remained in my arms. Our faces inches from each others. I wanted to feel her lips against mine so badly.

"I love you so much." She said, looking me in the eyes.

"I love you so much more." I replied and slammed my lips into hers. The second our lips touched I got goosebumps.

Just her touch could send shivers down my spine.

Adeya

I was in Mattia's arms once again...

I started to feel again. For the last 3 months I haven't felt anything. But just being in Mattia's arms made me feel happy. He's my sun, he makes my life so much brighter.

But then, reality hit me.

"Mattia." I pulled away, jumping out of his arms.

"What's wrong sweetie?" He said, noticing the horror on my face.

"I-I-I didn't mean to hurt you." I said, biting my lip. "I need to go back."

"I'm going with you." He stated.

"You can't. You have that tour thing starting to get big with the boys.. I can't distract you from being famous."

"I don't want to be famous or happy unless I'm with you." I could hear it in his voice, my words were hurting him.

"Mattia.. Believe me, I love you more than I have every loved anything else. You are my world, but, I couldn't live with myself if you blew this opportunity."

"Adeya Jones, stop acting so selfish. It would be my choice." He said, his voice full of anger and confusion.

I knew Mattia Polibio, and the only way to get him to listen was to hurt him. As horrible as that was, I would have to do it.

"Let's talk about this later. I am here for two more days."

He grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes. I felt a drip of water hit my hair. Then another hit my arm. And within minutes, it was pouring on me and Mattia.

"Mattia.." I whispered, as we both got soaked

"Yes?"

"Make my life like a Nicholas Sparks book for just one moment and kiss me in the rain." I gulped. I had butterflies in my stomach just being near him.