part twenty

Alejandro Rosario

I dialed Mattia's number for the 12th time. He told me to meet him at his house at 4..... It was now 5:30.

I called the other boys, no one has heard from him. They were all on his way to his house.

I began panicking. My best friend was never this late without a call. And he always answered the phone.

His parents were out of town so they had no clue where he was.

Finally, our questions were answered.

Mattia's car slowly pulled up to his driveway. The entire right headlight was smashed.

"Mattia!" I said rushing out towards him. The boys followed. "What happened?"

"I-uh, hit a pole. I got distracted." He said and I knew he was lying. His eyes were red.

"Are you fucking baked? You drove fucking high? You're kidding." Alvaro said running up to Mattia.

"No he wouldn't. Were you crying? The fuck? Where's Adeya?"

I should not have said that. The second I said Adeya he slammed his door shut so hard I thought the window would have broke.

"Don't mention her." He screamed in my face as tears ran down his face.

Mattia was never the type to lose his temper, except when it came to Adeya. He was never this crazy, emotional guy before she came around. He would literally do anything for her. It's heartbreaking to see what he has become. At least he's somewhat happy.

"Bro... What happened?" I said as the other boys backed off.

He sat on his front steps crying his eyes out, his face was buried in his hands.

It made me so upset to see my best friend like this.

"S-she dumped me." He mumbled. "I don't know why." He let out a big sigh and then cried out again. "S-s-she doesn't love me anymore"

Me and the boys exchanged looks, no one knew what to say now...

Mattia is so in love with Adeya.... Now he was just heartbroken.

Adeya

I grabbed my final box and put it in the moving truck.

This was it. Good bye New Jersey.

I don't remember the last time I went more than 15 minutes without crying, so I was not surprised when I burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry." My mom said for the millionth time, refusing to look me in the eye.

I stared at my empty house and the for sale sign in our front yard. I felt my eyes become more heavy as they filled with tears.

"Come on, we might miss our flight." She said as the moving truck went down the street. Everything would be there when we arrived. We hopped into the cab.

I must have looked stupid for crying my eyes out in the backseat. Especially when we drove past Mattia's house, I had a freak attack. Screaming into my moms shirt and bawling.

It must not have been easy for my mom to see me like this.

But eventually we were in the airport.

As I was boarding the plane, I turned and looked around the huge room. A part of me hoped Mattia would find out about me moving and he would show up with roses and kiss me...

But no, he didn't find out and he didn't buy roses.

I sniffled as I sent to find my seat, taking the window seat.

I started to wonder if I made the right decision, lying to him.

If I told him I was moving, he would want to try for a long distance relationship and we would both be miserable. I thought it would be easier to just break up with him now, save himself the trouble of worrying about me.

He will find someone better than me.

As much as that killed me to think that Mattia will possibly love someone more than he will love me, I knew it was for the best.

I closed my eyes and tried getting atleast an hour of sleep, which was way more than I'd gotten in the past weeks.

Mattia Polibio

The boys made a plan on how to win over Adeya.

I was going to sing my song for her. We made a performance and everything, in the end she would be showered in roses and gifts.

I was in Pintos's car with Alejandro and Kairi. Ahead of is was Alvaro's car with Roshaun, Robert and Taylor.

Everyone else was behind us.

We got stuck behind a red light, so Alvaro got to the house before us. We were pulling down her street when Pinto got a call.

Someone spoke to him and he mumbled "fuck"

The car did a complete u-turn scaring the shit out of us all.

"What are you doing?" I screamed, holding Adeya's gift tight in my hands.

"We aren't going." He said, pulling to a stop sign.

"Why?"

"We can't!" He shouted back at me and I jumped out of the car. Running down towards Adeya's house.

Something was wrong, I could feel it.

Alvaro and Roshaun were standing outside her house, blocking something from me

"What's going on?" I demanded and Robert came up to me, placing his hands on my jaw.

"Shh, bro. Listen to me, turn around." He said in a quiet voice.

I looked over his shoulder and saw the sign.

In big red and black letters.

FOR SALE

I felt my heart break. My whole body started to shake and my jaw dropped so much I thought I could dislocate it. I ran towards the window, looking inside. It was empty.

"Where is she?" I screamed. "WHERE IS SHE?" I repeated, slamming my hands down onto the cement. I felt a pain go through my pinky finger but I ignored it. Nothing hurt more than my heart right now.

"We...... We don't know." Alvaro said, sitting next to me.

"Mattia your hand!" He shrieked causing everyone to look. My pinky and knuckle were completely out of its socket.

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"We need to get him to a doctor" Robert said.

"IM FINE" I said, tasting my own tears. I broke down into a fit infront of my best friends. I cried and screamed so much that I actually threw up on the street.

Adeya was gone...

And I had no clue where she went or what she done.

I can't believe I lost her this time. Not as a person, but literally.

I can't go on without her. She has become part of me.

I just want her back.

————
y'all probably hate me but ur gonna hate me more in the next chapter 😍🖐🏽 but haters r my motivators, stay humble 😳🖐🏽