part thirty

Adeya

I saw Lauren calling so out of curiosity, I answered. I didn't say anything yet, I just stayed on the line and let her talk.

"So 1 year huh? It worked that fast? Keep it going for another two months and everything will work out."

"You little bitch." I said.

"Who the hell is this? Alex? Hello? What's going on?"

"Why are you calling MY boyfriend's phone? Who do you think you are?" I felt my body become hot, filling with anger.

"Adeya?? Oh.. what the fuck? Shouldn't you be depressed crying in your room over Mattia or something?" She laughed.

"Fuck you, shouldn't you be taking care of your baby?" I snapped back at her.

"Ale doesn't love you. Bye you whore." She hung up.

I screamed into the couch pillow. I couldn't even cry anymore, I ran out of tears at this point.

I didn't know what to do, I couldn't call Alejandro, obviously, I couldn't call my mom since she never wants to speak to me, and I just didn't know what to do in that moment.

Alejandro Rosario

I was driving home after visiting Adeya's house. My vision was getting blurry so I pulled over my car. I waited so long to be with Adeya and it didn't work out.

Mattia came back into her life and ruined it for us. I worked so hard to get her to be happy. I just can't believe she kissed him. She really kissed him..

I checked my pocket for my phone and it wasn't there. I checked my hoodie pocket and again, it wasn't there. I must've left it at Adeya's house. I didn't want to see her face right now but I needed my phone.

I balanced my breathing and drove back to her house. I pulled up to the driveway and got out of the car. I walked to the door, and as I was about to knock, I saw my phone under my feet.

I picked it up and got back into my car.. Should I go back inside and talk to her? I shouldn't. But I really want to work this out with her. I sat in my seat, with my head against the steering wheel, thinking about what I did wrong.

I checked my phone and saw 5 missed calls.. from Lauren.

I drove back to my house and quickly got into my room.

I called Lauren back and she answered on the first ring, her voice was really shaky.

"Lauren. What's wrong?"

"Alejandro. I think Adeya knows. I was calling your phone and she answered. You fucked up! She wasn't supposed to find out!!!" She was yelling at me, I thought she was going to lose her voice.

"Lauren, don't worry. It'll be okay. I got this under control."

"I believe you. Just don't screw this up again. I'll call you later."

"Okay, see you soon."

I hung up and called Adeya. It went straight to voicemail. I just needed to talk to her and hear her voice.

I tried one more time and she finally picked up.

"What do you want Alejandro?" I heard Adeya say in a sharp tone.

"My baby, it's so good to hear your voice. I'm so sorry for snapping at you earlier. I just di-"

"Why are you in contact with Lauren, Alejandro? Why is she saying "it worked"? What worked?" I heard her voice crack.

"I—I can't say. It's nothing. I—I'm sorry love. I gotta go." I stuttered, nervously. I knew she was going to ask this but I still wasn't prepared.

"If you end this call, We're over."

"Baby. Don't do this." I begged.

"Are you going to answer me?"

"It's better to tell you in person. I-I need to explain myself and I just need to hold you in my arms." I explained to her.

"I'll see you later." She said as she proceeded to end the call.

Adeya

It was around 7:24pm when I heard a car pull into my driveway. I knew it was Alejandro.

So I dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs, waiting by the door.

I jumped at the knock on the door.

I took a deep breath and opened it.

Seeing him after what happened made my heart feel so heavy. My eyes were heavier. I know I shouldn't be crying because of what I did to him, but being in contact with the person who started all of this, is much more worse.

"Hey Adeya. Now's my time to explain. Can I come in?" He asked while rubbing his hands together, it was in the middle of winter and it was super cold outside.

"Yeah. I guess." I replied.

We both sat on the couch and he looked at me in the eyes, holding my hands.

"Adeya, I want you to know that I never meant to cause you any pain, I swear. I never meant for it to get this far." I heard the sorry in his voice.

"No, I never meant to hurt you. I kissed Mattia and I know I shouldn't have. It was super wrong on my part, I don't have feelings for him. Please promise me that things aren't going to change, I really want this to work out."

"I need to tell you why Lauren called me." He sighed and looked at me in the eyes.

"That's why you're here ale." I was on the verge of crying. I'm not ready for what he's about to say.

"So... um..." I heard the nervousness in his voice.

"I wanted you first. I wanted to approach you but they made that stupid bet. I went along with it but it killed me inside. And you kept coming over to my house and I just couldn't get over you." He leaned back onto the couch, with his hands placed on his stomach.

"Then I decided to call Lauren. I don't know why, it was my mind telling me I should. So I did. I feel like shit that I did it behind Mattia's back but honestly, I had fun with her. Only because she reminded me of you. But the only thing that was bothering me was that she wasn't you." He took a deep breath and turned away so he wasn't facing me.

"And we thought we were in love." He sniffled.

"Ale..what are you saying..?" I started to peel the nail polish off of my nails because of how nervous I was for him to answer.

"We never meant for it to get this far.."

"So you're saying...." My heart was beating so fast, as if it was about to come out of my chest.

"Lauren and I planned this so I could get my chance to be with you. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. You didn't deserve this." He started to cry, like really cry.

I was in such a shock, but I saw it coming. At this point I fucking give up on love. I'm so used to being hurt I couldn't even cry. I hate that I begged for him to stay with me. I feel like a fucking loser. I did deserve this. For what I put him through, he doesn't deserve to be hurt, ever. I didn't even say anything. I just stared into his sad eyes. His beautiful, sad eyes. I told him I don't want things to cha-

"And the baby is mine.."