part eleven

Adeya

I forced myself to go back to class after I calmed down. But eventually, study hall would come around and I knew something was going to happen. I walked into study hall, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

I sat at an empty table. Staring at my binder. More and more people came into class. I took a glimpse up to see if he was. He wasn't.

Mattia Polibio was no where to be found.

It was now 5 minutes after the bell and he wasn't here. His table was full of his friends, but not him. I saw Alvaro stand up and walk my way. I cleared my throat and turned my attention to my lap.

"He left." He simply said, taking a seat at my seat. "During first period. Haven't seen him since."

"Oh." Was all I could manage before Alvaro pulled me into a tight hug.

"I am so sorry. I- I should have stopped it." He whispered in my ear. I just nodded my head. "Uh. A few boys want to talk to you. Is that ok?" He pulled away from the hug and I nodded my head, even though I was dying to say no.

He turned and walked back to the table. Alejandro came over to me first.

"Hey friend, how you holding up?" He half smiled as he sat next to me.

"How do you think." My voice cracked.

"I know, I know." He sighed. "Listen, I know you hate us all. But I just want to let you know that you can talk to me." He said.

"I know, I know." I copied him which made him smile.

My smile immediately turned into a frown as I saw Mattia walk into class.

"Fuck..." I mumbled, causing Alejandro to turn. He mumbled something but I didn't hear him.

Mattia stared at me and I expected him to come over, but he didn't. He just stared at me.

Alejandro got up and turned to their table. They talked, occasionally glimpsing over at me.

But nobody bothered me the rest of the period. I stared into my lap, scared to look at Mattia. I checked the time. 9:45. I texted my mom, telling me to pick me up at ten. I would be in science class, because this class ends any minute.

The bell rang, and it interrupted my thought. I quickly grabbed my bag and binder and headed out the door. But I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the hallway.

"What the fuck?" A kid standing behind me took the words right out of my mouth.

My entire class stared into the hallway. Well, this explains where Mattia was those last two periods.

Flowers were everywhere. Daisies to be exact. I had mentioned that those were my favorites. They were attached to lockers, covering the floor, hanging from the ceiling. Every possible color.

Everywhere. Every three lockers were opened and filled with flowers. But in the middle of the hallway. In one big bowl looking thing, there were many varieties of flowers. Roses, Tulips, Daisies etc. But, what stole my attention the most, was the big banner.

It was about 10ft by 8ft. It was a white board and in different colors was written "PLEASE FORGIVE ME ADEYA, I LOVE YOU"

I turned and looked at Mattia was was standing in the doorway. Staring at me. When he saw me look at him he walked my way.

Biting his lip, he came up to me, standing in front of me.

"Please don't leave me. Please." He begged. My eyes watered as I stared at him, not knowing what to do.

"No." I simply said. He took a deep breath as I saw his face turn red. His eyes watered. "I can't forgive you Mattia. This isn't something that is forgivable. I WAS A BET!" I screamed the last part.

"I was just a fucking bet to you. You will never earn my trust ever again." I was being kind of harsh. But I couldn't let him know that I still love him.

"Adeya, no." Was all he said before he broke down in the hallway.

"I'm sorry Mattia.. I just can't get myself to forgive you." I held my tears back until I got to the end of the hallway, where I broke down myself.

I couldn't let myself forgive him. I loved him so dearly, but this was one thing that couldn't be forgotten.

Mattia Polibio

I ignored everyone around me. I cried in the hallway as I watched the love of my life walk away from me. I wiped my face, but it was pointless. I just kept crying.

I've tried for so long to play it cool, not to show emotion infront of everyone. But I just blew it. I just blew my 'tough guy' reputation.

"It's alright dude." Alejandro said, rubbing my back slightly.

"NO! IT'S NOT ALRIGHT!" I screamed at him. "Did you not just hear her?! THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO!"

I felt bad for yelling at him, but I didn't care enough to stop myself. Alejandro would understand, he always does. "I love her so much and...and... I can't have her. I fucked up. I should have dropped the bet a while ago!"
I was screaming and crying in the middle of the hallway.

"I gotta get out of here.." I mumbled as I grabbed my bag, heading to the office to dismiss myself.

When I got my pass, I headed outside. Only to collide with a smaller body.

I looked, and of course. It was Adeya.

"Adeya..." I whispered to myself as she looked at me, staring me in the eyes.

"Mattia... Please.. Don't cry over me. I'm not worth it." She said turning.

"You're not worth it?!" I shouted as she walked away. "You mean the world to me. Do you not understand that you not being mine kills me inside. I can't be happy unless I'm with you."

She stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me.

"I haven't eaten in two days.. I haven't slept in three. It's not healthy Adeya. I need to be with you to maintain my mentality." I said as she just stared there, watching me. "You don't need to say anything.. But, I'm just going to do this." I said.

I stepped forward and cupped her face. I roughly placed my lips on hers. She kissed me back, which was a good thing, I think.

My hands slid down her body to her hips. I pulled her tightly against me and she gripped onto my biceps. I kept pulling her closer, which I didn't think was possible. But finally, I stopped.

We were breathing heavy and just staring at each other. She was still in my grip. She pulled herself away taking a few steps back. She stared at me for a minute.

"I love you Mattia.. But I can't ever forgive you." And in less than 5 seconds, she was in her moms car and I was watching them drive away from the school.

I stood there, unable to move at first.

My head hurt from crying so much. As I walked to my car, I only had one thing on my mind.

Adeya, her name repeatedly ran through my mind as I felt my heart ache.

What the fuck did I do?