The Baby Momma

"Come on everyone. We have to leave in ten minutes. We can't be late to this appointment"

Packing up fine kids in the car wasn't as easy as it should be but by the time we got on the road there was  minimal traffic. By the time we reached the therapist office everyone was complaining about something but it wasn't really anything. The kids each did a family session with just themselves and then a private session with one of the counselors. While that was going on called and I would speak with other own therapist. I felt like he still had to grow in me but Caleb seemed to like him and that made me happy.

"Okay So last time that we spoke I asked you guys to come Yo with a couple of topics that you felt like you needed to work on or at least be in a safe space to talk about it. I'm interested to hear what you guys decided on"

"Well honestly I think that we do communicate well but there are somethings like the ideas of kids that is something we've discussed but it probably needs further attention. Personally speaking it's like a far off idea to me that I don't know what my thoughts are in it. I know that Caleb is interested in having kids but he is also understanding of my position in all of this"

"Caleb would you like to add anything to this? Do you feel like you and your wife are on the same page when it comes to kids?"

"I would like to have kids. She knew that when we started dating and I told her that again when we got married. Our discussions have been all hypothetical but if we honestly woke up tomorrow morning and discovered that she was pregnant I'm not sure we would have the baby"

"What do you mean? Why would you say that?"

"No I just feel like you take in so much I could see you feeling you it isn't the right time. With all the drama with the kids I just feel like sometimes you forget about yourself"

"And ME being pregnant would make me get back into myself? I don't understand that. Why do I need to be associated with pregnancy. Why are women associated with pregnancy. Do you think of me as some baby making machine?"

"Okay why don't we all take a couple seconds to react internally and bring some positive constructive feedback about what should change. Remember we are working on increasing communication and positive sharing dynamics"

"Diamond I love you and I've been understanding. I know you have a lot on your plate but you need to see the bigger picture. You're not going to get any younger. If we wanted to have a healthy baby I think that we should start now. I think waiting would put things to far being out control "

"I'm not sure you're understanding me right now. I'm in the middle of a custody battle. There is no way I would even consider trying for a baby right now. I say that if you want a baby so bad then maybe you need to find a partner that's ready to just jump at your command. Because I'm not that and I will never be that"

"What? Are you really going to just throw that around. Are you serious? And you think you don't need to speak to anyone. If you're willing to just casually break up with me because we disagree on one thing what does that say about house you view our relationship"

"I used to think that our relationship was pretty strong. You treated me like an equal partner but it's like I'm being backed into a corner. I'm running out of space and when I feel like that I know that I have to change my situation. If there's no one else I can depend on I know that I can depend on myself"

"Okay now let's take a minute. What do you mean that when you're in situations like that you just pull away? Had this happened to you before?"

"I got pregnant for the first time when I was 16. I knew from the moment I found out that I couldn't have this baby. I was in no position and my mom would have killed me. So I got an abortion. When I was 18 I got pregnant again and at the time I was in a deep relationship with the father of my child. We stayed together for over 10 years before he started cheating on me. I couldn't believe it at first because he was such a smooth talker and her had people cleaning up after him but I knew that all these rumors couldn't be false. I knew during that whole time that I could defend him all I wanted but there was no denying the truth and it was crushing. How could I defend myself and be there for my kids while I was going through a rough pregnancy when the person who I trusted the most was doing craziness on me. When I was in an extremely vulnerable started of mind he was of having the time of his life. In calling him asking if he is going to make it to doctors appointments and if he's going to be there for the birth and it's like my words are going in and out the next ear. At times when I discuss the whole baby stuff with Caleb it's like the same thing. Honestly speaking the trauma I've had associated with my pregnancies has traumatized me. Thinking of having a baby at this time isn't something I want to do but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I just feel like since it's my body I should be able to decide when I'm ready to do something"

"Those are solid points and Caleb I would like for you to take some time to see where Diamond is coming from. It's important that you understand that there are just certain things you can't control and you have to lessen how to accept that"