𝟙𝟛.

Ⅱ 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 Ⅱ💙

"It's a hot girl summer, so you know she got it lit." Came from the hall where my party was being held.

i had a feelin they was gon choose a birthday bash

"Y'all really done fucked up now." I put the car in park.

"Here she go with that bald head shit."

"Shut up and come on. I'm ready for my party pussies." I opened the door and was about to get out but my phone rang.

"We just gon wait outside for you." Deja closed her door as I got back in the car and answered my phone.

"You have a collect call from inmate #037 at Ryan Correctional Facility. Press one to accept these‒"

I hurried up and pressed one. I been waiting on this call all day.

"Happy birthday babygirl!" 

"Thank you papá." I smiled cause he sounded so happy. We haven't talked in almost a week.

"Damn man, I can't believe you really 18 peanut. How it feel so far?" 

"Real good but kinda the same. How they treating you in there?"

"Don't worry bout that peanut, I'm holdin it down in here." He sighed. "These washed up ass niggas in here be tryin me, but I never give them a reaction so they won't add to my sentence. I'm just tryna get out so I can come home to you and Lexi."

"I know, I hope they let you out on good behavior." I played with my fingers.

"Me too. How shit been out there? How's yo moma?" I let out a sigh.

"Things straight out here. I'm good, I graduate soon and Lexi's good too. Moma still ain't come back but she still sends us money and calls every once in a while."

"Fuck is that supposed to do? She supposed to be there! Money don't make up for absence." He spat. "If I was out, I promise everything wouda been different."

"I kno‒"

"You have one minute remaining." The operator cut me off.

"Aight miss 18. Have fun tonight and live that shit up, you only become grown once. Just don't do no stupid shit." He chuckled.

"Okay, I'll mail some pictures tomorrow."

"Don't forget. I love you, princess and happy birthday."

"I love you too, papa." We hung up and I got out the car.

i really wish he was out

"You ready ma?" 

"Yessir." We heard a car pull up behind us and saw it was the rest of the fam.