𝟟𝟙.

|

| 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧 || 🌚.

Chief held the door open for me as I walked through and into the room before taking a seat on the bed while the nurse took a look at her clipboard, "how are you feeling?"

The tissue made noise as I sat on it so I smoothed it out behind me while rubbing my now poking belly, "I feel fine."

"And this is the baby's father," she said looking at Chief who stood next to me, "correct?"

"Possibly," I said lowly before sighing, "we were hoping to find out today."

"Oh okay, I see," she smiled awkwardly, looking back at me, "will anybody else be joining us?"

"Yes, hopefully."

"Alright then, should we wait or get started?"

I told Cameron what time the appointment was and even though he said he'll come, I had no clue how dependant I could be on that so I let out a brief sigh and nodded, "we can get started."

"Sounds great," she removed her stethoscope from around her neck and scooted over to me on the rolling stool, "has there been any pains or complications so far?"

I jumped and chills covered the outer layer of my body as the cold metal piece made contact with my skin, "a few here and there but besides that no."

She went on to ask how often I experience the pains and once I told her, she finished with the check-up part of the appointment before standing up and walking on the side of me to the ultrasound scanner.

She motioned for me to lie back so I did, lifting my shirt in the process while Chief came to my side smiling with excitement as she turned the monitor on and grabbed the gel.

He hovered over me, moving some stray hairs from my forehead, "you straight?"

"I'm okay, you?"

"I'm good as long as you good," he gave a crooked smile, "you know that."

She squirted some gel on my stomach and began rubbing it in with the scanner but stopped, hearing a knock on the door making us all look over, "can I help you?"

A nurse peeked her head in, "sorry to interrupt but I have someone here who says they're supposed to be in on the appointment."

She stepped off to the side and in walked Cameron with low eyes, instantly looking from me to Chief but remaining fixated on him with a mug.

"Right on time," the doctor, Jamie, said smiling, "we were just about to see how far along she is."

Still remaining silent, Cam walked over next to Chief and bumped him out of the way, making him stumble back a little before he pushed him back making me sit up, "y'all stop!"

"Fuck you—"

"Y'all have to put personal issues aside before I call security."

The boys continued to mug each other before Cameron walked over to the chair in the corner and took a seat while mumbling, "bitch ass nigga."

"Fuck you," Chief spat adjusting his clothes before looking at Jamie, "my bad, I apologize."

She let out a sigh before placing the scanner back on my stomach as I laid back down, "let's just get on with the appointment."

Weird muffled noises filled the room as she spread the gel and the black and white picture appeared on the monitor, making my eyes water because I couldn't believe I was pregnant again, let alone under these circumstances.