Prologue

📚BOOK TWO📚

Note: Reading the first book is not an obligation, although it will give you a deeper understanding about the story. Hope you enjoy!

____________________

Huzaifah POV:

I utterly loathed school. The sheer thought of this topic made me groan in aggravation.  Civilians from the past probably pondered 'Oh my god, school would be so much easier in the future, so much advanced techs and machines.' Well, I hate to break it to them that they are so mistaken. 

Ding!

"Students, the class is over. Go home!" Ms. Jane commanded, shutting down the holoscreen class board. 2090's students no longer needed much use of paper and pencil in comparison to the civilization in the historical textbooks. The advanced technology of this era was just potentially enough.

"Please activate for shutdown." I ordered into my thin glass tablet before shoving it in my dull black backpack. 

"Bye Ms. J, see you tomorrow." Some students bidded before exiting with their bags slung over their shoulders. I rolled my eyes. Grade six students were so stupidly oblivious; the bisection of our class were heedless of what secretly laid beneath her skin.  At the vulnerable moments of distress, Ms. Jane fauxed an act of care. She also obligated us to assimilate things and functioned humanly from within, but truly she was a ruthless pretender. Her kind were masked; wearing human faces, but their hearts are contructed with the art of machines.

"Mr. Benyamin, are you leaving without a goodbye?" Ms. Jane called, snapping me out of my brutal daze.

I heaved with annoyance. "Bye Ms. Jane, I hate your class from the bottom of my heart." I grinned wickedly. What? I was honest, wasn't I?

Ms. Jane glare was made of ice. Her tense blue eyes stayed motionless as she continued gawking at me, her orbs never dilating. "Do you want to go for detention, Mr. Benyamin?"

"My mother said honestly is the best policy." I fauxed an innocent tone.

"Yes, indeed she is correct." 

I siezed my voluntary chance to evaluate her, and find clues about the circulating, underlying rumors to solve the hidden reality behind it. "Ms. J, do you know who my father is?"

"Yes, he's Benyamin Abbassi, husband of Sarah Abbasi. Both of them work in a clinic in Lawrence Ave. South." She told me monotously without missing a beat. Definitely a robot!

 "Are you a robot?" I blurted, not thinking my thoughts through.

No change of expression occured through my teachers countenance, there was never any to begin with. "Why do you care little boy, you only come here to study?"

"Hey look there's some wires stuck out of your shirt." I yelled, fiegning to look petrified. Still no expression! 

Her hands automatically reached her abdomen, and swept across her shirt trying to sense the imaginary wires. Her empty blue eyes never left my body ever since I began speaking to her.

"No there isn't anything." Mrs. Jane said coldly, her voice monotoned voice as always. There was no way in determining who was human with blood and flesh anymore. Did everyone have pure blood in them or were they just illusions to tricks to our vision?

The teacher simulated to display affection, portray caring supervision, and also show utmost sympathy. I absolutely hated that because she was a great pretender, and that was the bottom line.