CHAPTER 1: Time for a Tragic Movie

“Hey Pal.” A red-haired, fine man tapped his friend’s fragile shoulder; not that his friend was weak. No he's not weak. He’s just spacing out again.

“Ugh, sorry… c-can you repeat it?” the blue-haired shorter guy apologized for not paying attention, quite startled.

“Nothing important,” the red-haired shrugged it off.

Karma and Nagisa were friends for years now, since Nagisa lived with the Nakamura’s. They knew each other more than anyone else, more like brothers so Karma was sure of his intuition.

“Let’s visit them later alright?” Karma continued.

“Uh-huh.” Nagisa smiled to brush off Karma’s worry, and to not change the ambience of the place.

“DON’T SLACK OFF THERE!” a blonde from the kitchen hollered at them and her voice echoed over the dining room of the humble home.

“For crying out loud,” Karma chuckled while pulling Nagisa to the kitchen.

“Onii-san will be home any time soon, and you lazy goofs are depending everything on me.” Rio sighed in disappointment.

“Sorry Nakamura-san. We’ve finished decorating the table, what else do we have to--” Nagisa was cut off with his words.

“Earth to Nagisa… throw him to the outer space.” Rio teasingly closed her eyes and clasped her hands as if praying.

“Eh--”

“Spacing out again.” she muttered.

“The other day, like the other month, last year, five years ago and yesterday. We’ve grown together Nagisa… for humanity's sake,” Karma shook him with a blank face, “stop regarding this douche bag out of nowhere. Just where did the ‘Miss’ came from?” for Nagisa, he was serious but actually he’s just mocking Rio.

“Well shut up and buy these stuffs,” Rio handed Karma a list of snacks and spices which they have forgotten earlier.

Nagisa’s about to follow Karma but, “You don’t mean to leave me here?” Rio glared at him and crossed her arms while foot’s tapping on the floor.

“Neouw--”

Rio grabbed his cheeks and threw him to the kitchen table, “Make some sushi, idiot.” she hollered.

“Y-yes!” Nagisa’s anxiousness turned into excitement just by hearing the word ‘sushi’.

***

FIVE YEARS AGO, March 14

“Rio-chan,” an assassin knelt in front of a drowsy ten year-old kid, “He’ll be living with us starting ton-- err, today.” he cheered with a comforting smile.

“What are you thinking Koro? Adopting a puppy is different from adopting a human.” the girl talked maturely, making her assassin brother knelt heavier from embarrassment.

“Ugh, but…” the mood suddenly turned even more colder than the freezing dawn, “… does this reminds you something?” Koro paused, “Do you think he can live alone? And look, he’s on the same age as you!” he pulled a blue-haired, blood-drenched boy between them.

Rio blushed by the thought of having a new friend and a new brother. Koro saw her eyes lit up in agreement. He knew from the start that Rio will be happy to have another brother to take care of her.

“Well then, we’re settled.” Koro stood and placed his hands to the boy’s shoulders, “Take care of him o-k?”

“D-d-don’t make it sound like we’re living alone.” Rio quivered.