CHAPTER 22: Time to Trade

"Alright. Listen." Rio was standing beside the teacher's podium so everyone can see her.

She knew that her classmates already have a clue on the issue that she's about to say, but she still wanted to do it formally because this was Nagisa's way of doing things.

"Are you sure we're doing this now?" Karma whispered, standing beside her.

"Yeah. It's making me more uncomfortable every time."

"Let's end this then."

"Everyone, Nakamura-san wants to say something. Please listen." Yuuma signaled the duo to start the talking.

"So..." Rio gasped for air, "Why were you spying on us?" She straightforwardly asked.

"What?" Megu awkwardly whispered to Yuuma, though Rio could hear them clearly due to the dry silence.

"We know you're still into the 'proving-sensei's-alive' thing." Karma stepped forward this time, taking the spotlight where Rio started.

"Akabane-san. Please let us explain." The class started to murmur and talk to their seatmates.

"Were you?" Rio reconstructed to make the question easier. The answer would be easy too, and she didn't failed to get their attention.

"Yes, we are." Yuuma answered for everyone.

The class bowed their heads in guilt and apology. Admittedly, they also argued whether to simply ask Rio, Karma and Nagisa directly about Aguri's condition, or spy on them. They were also uncomfortable to suspect their friends, or to make them lie if they happened to ask them directly.

"We won't blame you for that." Rio grinned, showing that everything was fine-- to ease their friends' worries at least.

"R-Really? You're not mad?" Hinano's eyes widened as she slowly turned the gloomy mood into a lighter one.

"Thank goodness! I was expecting the worst." Feelings of relief filled the room and murmurs started again.

"I didn't get some sleep last night! I was so nervous." Tomohito chatted with Yuzuki as he dramatically clutched his shirt on his chest part.

"These guys are sharp." Kirara creepily gazed at Rio and Karma.

"Heh, I'm sharper than anyone here." Ryouma butted in and the atmosphere started to hyped again.

"One more thing, did you proved something?"

Everyone's attention turned to Karma.

"We already knew from the start." Megu answered, "But we can't believe it unless we see Ms. Aguri."

"That's how everything started." Yuuma added.

Karma and Rio's expression didn't changed a bit, though they were really uneasy internally.

"Who told you?" Rio wanted to make it sound like she's curious. She didn't want to give them any hint that they were hunting down the real culprit that exposed Aguri's true condition.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if there is a particular someone because everyone was still hoping that Ms. Aguri is alive. But the first to see Ms. Aguri's close resemblance to Kayano was Itona." Yuuma explained.

Kaede shut her lips harder while trying her best to hide her reaction from hearing the discourse. Acting was easy for her, though there's no need to put a facade because everyone was so sympathetic to turn their eyes to her right now. No one looked at her, no one did.